Connection HD DVR plus and A DVR standard in the same room.

hearthtools

Original poster
Nov 26, 2006
I Im getting Direct TV Monday with 1 DVR HDplus and 2 other standard Duel Tuner DVR boxes and not have to figure out how to do this with their systems.

When I had Dish I had (still due until Monday) a Duel Tuner DVR and Single Tuner DVR what I did was have both boxes in the same room.

Connect the box duel tuner (we will call this Box1) (OUT TO TV RG6) into the 2nd box into the RG6 (antina IN) input on my 2nd box.

In the main room where the boxes were I used the Audio/Video outputs to connect to the main TV and to the Surround system from both (box 1) and (box 2)

Then I use the RJ6 (TV out )from (box 2) to go to the 3 other the TV's in the house.

If you dont have a way to use Multiple Video and auto outputs/inputs you can just used a slitter from box2's (TV out)to go to all tv's

All TV's in the house can see channels or recording off both Satalites boxes.

To see the BOX 1 from the other TV's then you just push the Sat/tv button on your BOX 2 remote or shut the power off on BOX 2

How do i do this kind of Set up with Direct?

Will the remote work 50 feet way?
What I do now to get more range with DishRF remote is I put a TV Ant. loop on my Remote Ant. connector.

What sucks also is Direct needs to have 2 cables for each Duel tuner DVR type box from the Sat.
Where Dish I only used One cable for each box and split it at the duel tuner with the switch splitter provided with the box.

I would still like to have the HD-DVRplus and one of the DVR's in my living room. and then do my trick of getting the TV to all the other rooms also so we can see the same recordings OR TV's to all the tvs in the house from the Living room setup.

The 3rd box im putting in my kids room.

This will be the first time in 13 years I have had an installer do the work but it look like im going to have to run some new extra cable myself x 2 into my kids room because they will not fish wires down a wall for free.

OOPS
I posted this in the wrong provider Thread
Goes into Direct forums not Dish

but I think it will help some others out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)