Considering D*. Got ?'s

Status
Please reply by conversation.
D* sucks!!!!!!!!!

I just got logged into my 4th account using a different email address because I still can't use the correct one.

Guess what.....order is WRONG again. I'm missing the 2nd hd dvr!

D* sucks!!!!!!!!!

I just got logged into my 4th account using a different email address because I still can't use the correct one.

Guess what.....order is WRONG again. I'm missing the 2nd hd dvr!

It will take several days to a week for them to remove your previous email and information from their data base. Call back explain that you will need to cancel if you cannot be transferred to retention.

btw. If you do get retention, be sure to get name or id number if the person you talk to.

It will take several days to a week for them to remove your previous email and information from their data base. Call back explain that you will need to cancel if you cannot be transferred to retention.

btw. If you do get retention, be sure to get name or id number if the person you talk to.

Why retention? I'm gonna blow a top if they want to delete my 4th order and start over again.

Supposedly my order is correct now, except I can't look online. Now it says "Our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

It looks like I will be cancelling though. When I called in this time I was told my order didn't have the 10/17 date that I was told by 2 different CSR's yesterday. I'm calling install company if I can't get a better date I'd done with this crap.

E*'s offshore CSR's are looking pretty good right now.

I'm in the same boat. Dropping E* for D* because of GOL TV and general E* lunacy. It took 3 different Direct TV CSRs to come up with the deal below.

I managed to get 2 HD DVR and 1 SD box for $99 total by calling in on the AAA promotion line. I also got an additional $10/month off for 24 months. In addition I am supposed to be getting Setanta free for a month and then at $9.99 for the next 4 months instead of $14.99. We'll see what happens with that one since the CSR couldn't place it on the order for some reason and told me to tell the installer to request it.:rolleyes:

A quick question on the D* HD DVRs...Does it allow for simultaneous output to HDMI and component jacks? I have a slingbox and would like it to input from the components while still having HDMI to the TV. (HDMI input VQ is noticably better on my current E* VIP622)

If it helps...these are the specifics below per the D* email confirmation:
Welcome to DIRECTV 2008 Q4 Offer B5712/081 1 Free PREMIER 1 Free HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 1 Free Standard Professional Install 1 Free DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 Free DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish 1 Free DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 $99.00 Standard IRD 1 Free B6291/020 1 Free $0 Delivery & Handling 1 Free

Last edited:
I'm in the Customer Service/Call Center business, in fact the Call Center company I work for does a lot of Customer Service and Tech Support for DTV, almost came to my particular site once but then got moved out to a site out in Vegas and one in Las Cruces. Anyway, it's a shame but sometimes part of the game. So much turnover and attrition in the business I work in, it's scary who you might get on the phone. Sorry about your experience.

After 2 missed installs, I 'm finally hooked up with D*. What a fiasco between ordering and installs. I managed to get a contact # to the install company manager after they no showed me yesterday. He guarenteed me an am install for today and they follow through.

Got Superfan free for all the problems.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)