Considering Switching Back to Directv after about a year

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stm144

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
I was a DirecTV customer for approximately 5 years when i switched to cable last spring. The main reason that I switched was because DirecTV cannot offer me Comcast Philadlephia (some kind of loophole that comcast philadelphia is using to prevent me from seeing Phillies and Flyers).

I am considering switching back to DirecTV for several reasons. 1 being the price I am paying for local cable is approximately 30% more (for less quality and quantity other than comcast philadelphia). 2 i recently purchased a 3D television and the dedicated 3D channels sound interesting.

I was wondering if anyone out there knows what kind of offers I can expect from DirecTV to "entice" me to come back. I have a feeling that they will most likely not give me new customer deals but I can only hope.

I was hoping to get the following:
Home Media Center HD DVR
2 HD Receivers
Whole Home DVR
New Satelite Dish
Free HD
Whole Home DVR

They are currently offering ~$31 bill credit for months 1-12 and $16 bill credit for months 13-24 for new customers.
I'd like to get as close to that as possible.

Also I do not have a buy-out from my current cable company but could I use that to my advantage.

The account was always in my name. If I switch to my wifes name would that be a "new" customer.

thanks for your time

Probably the best thing to do is call them and ask politely and see what they offer you. If you don't like what they offer you, then yeah, you can use your wife's name and that can be used as a "new" customer.

What he said.
Never hurts to call and ask, nicely.

If that does not get you satisfaction, then yes, you can use your wifes name to make it a new account.

It seems like alot of people forget that there are allllll kinds of discounts out in the world, you just gotta look a little. Like when making purchases on the web if you do a search for promo codes for whatever website your buying from alot of the time you can come up with a 5% discount or BOGO. Never know what your gonna find when you just get a lil nebby.

I'm all about searching for discount codes and getting things as cheap as I can. Half of my family thinks that I am crazy but why not save some extra cash if you can.

Also, as far as the DirecTV thing is concerned, I guess my best bet is to call them and see what they can offer me. But my concern is that if I call them and they don't offer me a good deal wouldn't they flag my account and say I tried to re connect. Then if I try to start as new with my wife's name that it would be under my account that I looked into reconnecting?

Maybe I'm just a little paranoid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)