Considering switching back to Dish

reybie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Hotrizona
I'm considering going back to Dish so I can get some wireless freedom within the house, viewing live TV on the phone or tablet would be icing.

I currently have Genie with 2 clients and plan to replace that with HWS, 2 Joeys (1 wireless), and 1 Super Joey. With this config, it looks like I have my 5 tuners and the ability to view live and recorded programs using a PC or tablet and still pay about the same monthly after the 12-month promo period.

Some questions...

1. Can a SJ be wireless?
2. Wiring, I have one coax from the Genie and split to the two clients, is this still going to be the same?
3. I've read that the Joeys can be configured to use a WAP other than Dish's, is it still possible?
4. Is the site with the $200 gift card offer still the best deal around?

I'll probably add to the thread as questions come up.

The super Joey has to be wired. As far as the WAP, officially, it has to be used for wireless joeys. If you switch, snag one of the members here, referal code, so you get additional money off no matter what offer code you take.

As far as wiring. Coax from the dish goes to a node. The node then feeds the HWS and wired Joey's. Dish Anywhere is great. I have a tablet with a mini hdmi port. When I travel I can use an hdmi cable to mirror Dish Anywhere to the tv. at a hotel on vacation home.

Ah, ok, so SJ has to be wired, that's probably what I will have to install in one room, a wired Joey in the adjacent room and a wireless Joey for the TV we can move around the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)