considering switching from dish to directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dlh1435

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
I keep getting screwed from dish.what are the pro and cons of directv.an would you think I would get a better deal from directv.any help is great.

I think pricewise you will be about the same. I have had Dish Network (aka "E*") in the past, and always thought their customer service sucked and is the reason I cancelled my service a few years back. Then January '06 I thought I'd give them another try because at the time I originally cancelled they did have good picture quality, much better than my cable. Well long story short, my picture was WORSE than my analog cable. After the fight of my life I got out of my contract with no penalty and went back to cable.

About a week ago I made the move to DirecTV (aka "D*"), and have been very pleased. My picture quality is excellent and I have a 55" rear projection standard definition TV so any imperfections in quality show up very easily. I haven't had to deal with customer service except to place my order, and they were a pleasure to deal with from that side. Pricing seemed good to me. I got my first 3 months for $29.99/mo and also HBO, Cinemax, Starz & Showtime free for 3 months. After the 3 months you get charged for the premium channels and your monthly rate goes back to normal price. But, at the time I signed up they also offered a $150 cash offer they pro-rate over 15 months to you, so I am actually saving an extra $10/mo for 15 months on my regular rate.

I have been very pleased with everything related to D* and can easily see myself being a long term customer.

dlh1435 said:
[PIE]I keep getting screwed from dish[/PIE].what are the pro and cons of directv.an would you think I would get a better deal from directv.any help is great.

ergen is real good at that!!!!!

dlh1435 said:
I keep getting screwed from dish.what are the pro and cons of directv.an would you think I would get a better deal from directv.any help is great.

What exactly is it that you're getting screwed over? What do you think will be better with D* (e.g. price, service, reception)?

Reason I ask is that I'm thinking of going the OTHER way, mainly because (as I've posted before) the AT9 dish is a no-go for me and it seems that E* is actively pursuing more HD channels (e.g. HGTV-HD, FoodTVHD). As well, it is said many of the E* channels are NOT HD-Lite.

Just curious.

Thanks.

=NLK=

Fourth , current Dirctv and ex-Dish waiting for my D* commitment to expire. HD-LITE on my 73" TV is a joke and SD became unwatchable.

I am packing my bags and ready to run, I am through dealing with Directv (and I know I am not alone), its sad because they have really, really gone down hill in the past few years, I invision D* and E* reversing roles real soon

Dishnet is the way to go, so i would stay unless you love football and are willing to shell out the big bucks to enjoy watching games not telivised locally. Even the audio is superior with dishnet . I do miss not having to turn the volume up and down when turning the channels. And not to mention HD lite is a joke.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)