Consumer Reports ranks media players

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

emathis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
The September Consumer Reports ranks the best media players and the winner is the WD TV Play. The Roku 3 came in a far second. They ranked them equal in picture quality and features, but the WD beat the Roku in ease of use, setup and connectivity.
I own both and I agree that the WD is better at playing home media, and it is cheaper. But I use the the Roku everyday and the WD is gathering dust.

The September Consumer Reports ranks the best media players and the winner is the WD TV Play. The Roku 3 came in a far second. They ranked them equal in picture quality and features, but the WD beat the Roku in ease of use, setup and connectivity.
I own both and I agree that the WD is better at playing home media, and it is cheaper. But I use the the Roku everyday and the WD is gathering dust.

Got a link?I gave the wdtv live plus to my daughter as a Christmas gift,use a Patriot media player for network shares,and roku for online streaming.The roku has much more content than wdtv,as to ease of use,I don't see how it could get any easier than the roku.

Got a link?I gave the wdtv live plus to my daughter as a Christmas gift,use a Patriot media player for network shares,and roku for online streaming.The roku has much more content than wdtv,as to ease of use,I don't see how it could get any easier than the roku.

Page 45 of the September issue. Very thin article, as most of their stuff has become. I'll look online (I sub to online also) and see if there's more there.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Page 45 of the September issue. Very thin article, as most of their stuff has become. I'll look online (I sub to online also) and see if there's more there.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Here's a link

Basically the reason that WDTV won was because it had more native media file streaming options and a few more apps from what I can tell.

There's more online, but their words and their ratings don't match up, IMHO. At least it tells you more details online.

To me,content is king,therefore,roku beats wdtv play.Wdtv has fallen behind in getting licenses with many of the big players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)