Contacting D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maxamus1975

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2005
I’m planning on calling D* today to try and get the best deal possible for a HR10-250 HDDVR. What is the best number to call, to speak with a CSR about obtaining this deal? I am considered one of D* best customers, so what deal can I expect?

I miss you Ali!

Last edited:
maxamus1975 said:
I’m planning on calling D* today to try and get the best deal possible for a HR10-250 HDDVR. What is the best number to call, to speak with a CSR about obtaining this deal? I am considered one of D* best customers, so what deal can I expect?

I only subscribe to total choice plus W/ HBO and i received a HR10-250 free. it took a few calls - the first the CSR wouldn't budge on price ($499.00). I immediately hung up and called again, the second CSR took $150.00 off and no more. i waited a day and called again - The CSR saw on my account the last offer of $349.00 was noted, and asked what i wanted them to do so i told him i just wanted the best deal without having to call everyday. He then told me i could have it for free - Just pay S/H

I'm very happy :) with the deal i received although i did have to recommit, but don't plan on leaving anyway---

Make sure you call the above number - the customer retention number- they have more authority

Thanks!

Thanks to both of you for replying so quickly! I will let you know how I make out.

I called the 800 number above yesterday, and was connected to a CSR named KC.. I explained to the CSR that I was instered in a HDDVR. KC explained that normally it was $399.00 with a $100.00 rebate, but since I was a loyal D* customer he would “hook me up”. He gave me the HDDVR for free, I just had to pay the $19.99 S/H and recommit to a two year contract. I did not have any problems with the stipulations. Thanks again for info above. D* is coming on Saturday.

In regards to the free HD DVRs that D* is handing out,are these owned or leased receivers?We own our equipment,no plans to lease.

I would have to give back the DVR if I ever decide to leave D*, so I guess it is considered a lease. On the other hand, if it ever breaks D* will ship me a new one for free. :)

steve615 said:
In regards to the free HD DVRs that D* is handing out,are these owned or leased receivers?We own our equipment,no plans to lease.

Steve, just curious, if they are not charging him for the darn thing, who cares if it is leased or owned?

steve615 said:

@ $2.99 a month the lease isn't a bad deal - $36.00 a year will take a long time to add up to $$399.99 - Plus they replace it - good for me because I've had past problems with receivers...

FlyingJ said:
Steve, just curious, if they are not charging him for the darn thing, who cares if it is leased or owned?
Thanks for the reply FlyingJ.I asked because I was curious about what the actual deal is in obtaining one of these for free.Don't get me wrong,that is a good deal,but,we have always owned our equipment.We simply don't buy into leasing anything.That's just our preference. :)

johnml said:
@ $2.99 a month the lease isn't a bad deal - $36.00 a year will take a long time to add up to $$399.99 - Plus they replace it - good for me because I've had past problems with receivers...

Is D* charging $ 2.99 a month for leases ???
Is this how the lease works, I was under theimpression that it was alot more than that.

Any word on the HR20DVR lease cost yet ? p/m

D* charges $4.99 a month for leasing any receiver (same as the mirror fee for an owned receiver). The only difference is the up front fee-ranging from $49 for a standard receiver to $399 for the HR10-250. Of course, you may be able to negotiate a better deal with the up front fee. Also, it's not lease it until it's paid for, it's lease it until it is replaced, disconnected from the account or you leave D*, then you have to return it.

As for the up front fee for the HR20, I have not seen anything about it yet.

I don't know if they charge lease fee's differently. but my lease fee is only $2.99 a month -
if their charging you $4.99 i'd give 'em a call

Last edited:
Trust me, johnml, you're paying $4.99 a month for lease fees... I'd be absolutely shocked if you weren't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)