Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Satellite AV introduces the World's Smallest Dual Output LNBF
Only 4.5 Ounces!

LN-GEOSL2BLT.JPG
LN_GEO-SL2_Hand.jpg

Find out more: GEOSATpro SL2 Bullet - Standard Linear Dual Output KU LNBF

Enter to Win two of the smallest dual output Ku-band LNBF available in the world with free shipping! The GEOSATpro SL2 Bullet LNBF is an exclusive design offered by Satellite AV and authorized distributors.

$75 Value

GEOSATpro technicians incorporated the latest in microelectronic technology to design and produce this innovative high performance twin LNBF. Independent isolated outputs prevent interference between multiple receivers. The small bullet size housing is 1/3rd the size of any available dual output LNBF on the market with no compromise in signal reception. You will not find a higher performance FSS LNBF anywhere.

• Replace a single output LNBF for installation support of 2 or more receivers
  • Watch different channels from the same satellite dish on 2 different receivers
  • Compatible with DVBS, FTA, MPEG, DCII and Analog satellite receivers
  • Stable frequency and low noise 0.4 NR for the very best reception in fringe signal areas
  • Twin F-type coax outputs for direct connection with 1 or 2 satellite boxes
  • Connect to a standard 22KHz or DiSEqC type multi-switch for multiple receiver connections (3 or more receivers)
  • 40mm standard size FSS satellite dish LNBF mount

To Enter: Tell everyone how you first learned about Free To Air Satellite Television and Radio. Were you at a friend's house amazed at all of the cool channels, surfing the internet, saw equipment at a flea market, etc.?

Small print: These LNBFs will be shipped via US Mail or FedEx. If the winner does not respond to our SatelliteGuys PM notification within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited and the unit will be offered to another contestant by random drawing.

This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member in the Continental US, Canada and Mexico, who is in good standing with the exception of Satellite AV staff and members of their families. A random drawing of one winner will be made by a member of our staff on Tuesday 2/2/2009.

Good Luck!

Count me in !
I was introduced to the words "Free to Air" by a kid switching us over from DTV to Dishnet in early 2006. He was impressed by all the electronics in my basement and said he was surprised that I wasn't "into FTA". My guess now is he was talking pirate FTA, but after he left I started Googling around and got interested. I bought an Ariza Extreme off the web and paired it with the leftover DTC series III dish , and got nothing, of course. So I started researching things and found Sadoun's site , and from there, this site.
Convinced my wife that I needed a motorized dish for my birthday, and she ( not knowing what a curse THAT would be) agreed.
:)

I first learned about Free To Air when I received a mail order catalog. After reading about these digital channels available, I went ahead and ordered a FortecStar Lifetime Ultra. It was my first.

I first learned about fta from google,my wife is polish so I googled free polish channels and some fta receiver came up saying you could get lots of channels without monthly payments.But I found out the only polish channels were on 97W encrypted,but then I found sat guys and was introduced into a whole new world and my life has been changed for ever.What was ment to be for my wife ended up being an addictive hobby for me.

Count me in too!!!

Two years ago this July, my loving accountant wife cut back our dish network to $20.00 per month which sent me on a mission to find a better way to get more and cheaper TV.

A friend told me about the pirate stuff, but I don't do illegal activities. I did spend some time on one or so of their sites asking questions about how to get TV the legal way and did get some good answers.

Then I found Satelliteguys, instantly joined, started reading, asked a few questions to which I got great help, so I bacame a PUB member. I figured the $19.00 per year was cheap for free support. :)

The rest is history!!

Count me in too!

I used to help a cousin put in the B.U.D years ago. One day I was curious if there was anything still out there that wasn't scrambled. I saw these 30" dishes and how it had now become a great hobby...FTA. I've got a motor but after fussing with it in the cold, it will wait til spring here in Ohio! I bought one dish 30" new (Winegard) and found two used dishes....one is smaller oval dish and one is a 36" Prime*. I love the hobby so far at 250 channels most of which I can't speak the language but I manage to find something, still trying to justify the time and $$$$$ I put into this hobby. The wife will never understand lol.:)
ThankS! Blind

I remember watching the evening news back in 1987 via a BUD, saw the host picking his nose, at that point I had to get a big dish, it took me 15 years from that point to get my own dish, but it was worth it and enjoy it everyday.

Thanks for the contest Bryan, nice looking LNBFs!

I first got into FTA when I found satelliteguys & ftalist via google. This was about 2-3 years ago. I don't remember exactly what I was searching for at the time, something TiVo related and I ended up reading about FTA. The legal and the illegal. That's when I learned I could legally get NASA TV for free on my existing DirecTV dish. I had canceled DirecTV and was interested in free TV etc. Of course one channel wasn't quite enough and I ended up ordering a proper FTA setup with a motor as well.

Anyway, I'm loving FTA and all the surprising things out there to watch.

been lustin' for these anyway!

To Enter: Tell everyone how you first learned about Free To Air Satellite Television and Radio. Were you at a friend's house amazed at all of the cool channels, surfing the internet, saw equipment at a flea market, etc.?

Gee, there have been so many sparks related to the subject.
I'm not sure which triggered the fire.

I'd been to a friend's house in the late 70's or maybe 80's who had a BUD.
I looked into them at the time, but it was a whole unknown world of mumbo jumbo.
Even thought I had a background in electronics and HAM radio, I think it was the expense that kept me out.
Several thousand dollars to get going, as I recall.

Skip forward, and I was playing with WiFi around 2000.
People were using recycled BUDs to obtain links many miles distant.
I was thinking about a couple of mile WiFi link, when I suddenly realized I had no use for it.
I was just interested in it for the education, fun, and cool antenna.

I'd put in my own DirecTV about this time, and Dish Network a few years later.
So, when I read about early Fortec FTA receivers it wasn't a big surprise that caught my attention.
My mistake was thinking I'd do
FTA with a Pci card on my computer.
That gave me a real setback !
The card, motor, dish, and LNB didn't get much love the first year.

I learned about FTA when I happen to be at a local Distributer/Dealer (about 7-8 years ago, maybe longer?) to see about getting my G.I. 922 repaired, and he happen to have a Manhattan DVB Receiver on display. He told me this wasn't for everybody and tried to talk me out of it, saying I probably would not like it. The instructions were in Kleong or something? I bought it anyway and have been enjoying it ever since. However, it became more desirable after I found a couple of reliable sources for "Wild Feeds & Backhauls", which the help made it much more easier to find something of particular interest. Those sources didn't really talk about how to's and what not's, just where feeds were. Thanks to Satellite Guys I have a place to discuss the how to's and what not's. And that has made FTA even better. I love this hobby!

I got into FTA just a couple months ago when I found this site when searching for C-Band info (to dump dn and get my 9' mesh c-band going again.)
Wound up purchasing some used equipment from a member here and started playing. Of course, those of us with C-band have "done" FTA for a while when searching thru the analog transponders available.
I've since added a little more equipment to expand things (and get a better signal) but the Ku dish will have to wait until spring; -25F just doesn't fit well with installing a new dish. And much to my wife's chagrin, when I get a new hobby I jump in with both feet (and arms and legs and sundry other parts)

thanks again for a cool contest. I don't know of many other "hobby" sites that offer as many give-aways as this one and this site!

Paul...

I had a friend who was into the pirate fta stuff back before Direct went black. I never have been lucky enough to try and steal and get away with it. Then some years later he said something about Free-To-Air and I am sure he was talking about the pirate stuff, i came home Google searched fta and found a pirate site and sadoun site became member of his forum and started reading. Bought a Coolsat 5000 off ebay. Keep reading and during all google searchs this site would come up and the info was great so I joined here and have not looked back. Finally got one 1.2 meter up at 123w. Found a couple of primestar dishes the other day, and now this lnbs would be a great fit.

Thanks SatelitteAV for the contest..

I just started in this adventure and have yet to really establish a bevy of functional hardware, but........

I just got tired of the cable company jacking up the prices and cut them off. Somehow during a search for prices for the two dish services available, I came across a few forums and started reading. There was a bunch of info about piracy, but I was able to further stumble upon sites like this one dedicated to honest, free FTA and have been reading and planning my "dish farm" since. Being both cheap and relatively penniless I started piecing my FTA adventure together just last week, with a $10 Sonicview SV-1000 receiver that I found at a neighborhood garage sale! I'm up and running, but haven't yet purchased, or found a free satellite dish. Thanks to the people on this forum, I have been steered in the right direction concerning the proper hardware to purchase, unless of course I stumble on something free in the meantime! ( I asked a gentleman today about an old 30+" Channel Master hanging off his house and offered to remove it for him. He was all about me removing it, but wanted $100. No thanks!)

I got into FTA after years of being out of c-band i wanted to get back into it. did some searches and came up with a few sites but mostly hack sites then found SatelliteGuys and have been here since.

Thanks SatAV for the contest :)

I friend of mine had 4dtv when i was in 5th grade. Ive always thought satellites look cool! I remembered he had all kinds of cool channels and STBs and started looking on the internet until i could find info on all the different kinds and sizes and channels. I came upon SatGuys and decided i needed a new "expensive hobby" lol :D

I learned about FTA as a natural progression of the hobby. I had a C/Ku band system for analog reception since the late 1980's and in the 1990's, i saw signals were starting to use digital compression. I obtained a receiver to watch these digital feeds as occasional feeds I was interested in were converting from analog to digital mode.

I subscribe to a magazine called Monitoring Times . A few years ago they had an article titled "The Other Satellite Radio". I found out that some of my favorite shortwave programs were available via FTA satellite. The rest is history.

B.U.D.

I was looking to get back into C-Band about 18 months ago, but discovered FTA, and was happy about not having to put a 10 foot dish up, although that may still happen. I enjoy watching the wild news feeds and local news out of other areas, like the nbc feed of WNBC 4 out of NYC on the plane crash this afternoon.

My venture into the world of FTA started when I found this site about a year ago while researching SkyAngel IPTV. I had never heard about it before and found it fascinating. Finally got my first system going in September and thoroughly enjoy it and this community of FTAers.

Thanks to all for the advice and SatelliteAV for the contests!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)