Contest - Two Free GEOSATpro SL2 Bullet LNBFs - Enter to Win! Ends 2.2.2009

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a guy at work telling me about how he bought the Free TV System, how great it was going to be. I perked my interest, so every few day I would ask "how's that system going" and he'd reply something about not quite finished yet, and haven't the time. It seemed like months, but one day he's like "Don't ask, not yet" A short time later he asks "want to buy my system, I don't have the time" Took it home, a nice Saturday well spent in the Sun, should have put Sunscreen on. It was dark when I figured out to bring a TV and Receiver to the Dish. :)

The contest is now closed and a winner has been selected......

Congratulations Guapoharry! :D

You have won two GEOSATpro SL2 Bullet LNBFs - The World's Smallest Dual Output LNBF.

Another interesting contest where we learned a little bit more about the Satellite Guys. We wish to thank everyone who told their story of how you found out about FTA satellite services!

Watch for another contest coming along very soon......

To Enter: Tell everyone how you first learned about Free To Air Satellite Television and Radio.

I learned about Free To Air Satellite Television and Radio on the Internet. The best guess is: I was looking on eBay and the Internet for TV tuner/capture cards for use with a PC. Then, I discovered DVB PCI cards.

Then, when I searched around for information on this new PC accessory, I saw a reference about "free-to-air digital satellite TV". What is that?

I don't do cable TV. No matter where I lived, somehow the cable companies found a way to p!55 me off. I bought a E* system and installed it myself years ago. Even though I had everything except for movie channels (AT250), often there was still nothing on. This free-to-air satellite sounded like a low cost way to get access to more programming.

I imagine I learned about Sat Guys from a web search. This site was a plus because I could learn about E* and FTA. The eye-patch sites seemed too much like warez sites. Between having the fear of getting a virus from them and hearing about the legal trouble D* pirates got into, getting pay TV for "free" just didn't seem too smart...

Yep, it made for some hilarious reading, that's for sure. :D

Congrats to GuapoHarry, and many thanks to Brian for another fine contest! - :up

Thanks everyone! They will go to good use. I'm planning on a multi LNB setup on a fixed dish.

And, thank you to Brian and Satellite AV!

:bow

Congratulations Guapoharry and thanks to SatelliteAV for a super give-away. This site AND the sponsors are the greatest!!...:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts