Contest: What would you do... 4:2:2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is my entry ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the contest, pwrsurge.

I have been long curious about 4:2:2 and have posted a couple of questions in the past and I feel like I have been missing out on some opportunities for some programming. I would like to submit my entry.

The picture on the right is how the farm started in 1988 with my 10' Unimesh, still in daily use today. A lot more trees now and the VW is still in the garage.

Attachments

• Farm.jpg
    Farm.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 212
  • VW.JPG
    VW.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 204
pro96, that whole Micro video had me rolling in the floor! :D I better step it up. My dish-farm picture can't compete with that!

SatDishFarm2.jpgSatDishHelper.jpg

Me with my dish farm, and my helper putting up my 6 footer. I have an old QualiTV to try pull in those occasional 4:2:2 feeds, but oh it would be so much better with an AZBox mini!!!!

I've a spare thingie waiting for another thingie to plug into and join the pack!

View attachment 89836

Here's my contest entry.

?

here is my contest entry, my
GeoSatpro 1.2 Meter KU OFFSET Dish.
My new setup for c-band, Beta-9 dish and some of the signals I am getting with it.
Regards.
Chewie

...as it looks right now. ...ready for some more 4:2:2 action!

this is several pics of my dish farm for the 4:2:2 contest.

Dan Rose

Me with my dish farm, and my helper putting up my 6 footer. I have an old QualiTV to try pull in those occasional 4:2:2 feeds, but oh it would be so much better with an AZBox mini!!!!

As a friendly reminder, please ensure that at least one piece of your submission (i.e. photo, audio or video) has your SatelliteGuys member name in it. For the above posts I quoted, please resubmit at least one of your photos with your member name included in the picture to ensure your submission is valid. You may either use a graphics editor and type text directly on your photo or if you prefer, take another picture with your member name written on a piece of paper or cardboard.

Thank you,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Here is most of the dish farm, minus the 2 dishes i leave on the front of the house to torture my wife.

From left to right- perfect 10 7.5', primestar, unimesh 8', unimesh 10' with homemade lnb arms, next one i keep changing around so to test some super dish or primestar mods, last one is the dreaded Darkstar, after that is a Cat 953 track loader dish installer/remover, then a 1980 mercury bobcat with a hopped up 302 in it. Second row started is the beta 9.

The dishes on the beam are on slides that allow me to move them up or down on the beam. that has been handy.

?Kodaz

Nice "Money Shot" :D Thank you for participating and good luck!

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Here is my entry ... :)

Very original and creative video! :D Thank you for participating and good luck!

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the contest, pwrsurge.

I have been long curious about 4:2:2 and have posted a couple of questions in the past and I feel like I have been missing out on some opportunities for some programming. I would like to submit my entry.

The picture on the right is how the farm started in 1988 with my 10' Unimesh, still in daily use today. A lot more trees now and the VW is still in the garage.

Cool dish farm :cool:
Thank you for your submission and good luck!

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Here is my entry to this contest : my experiment with using ordinary telephone wire (instead of RG6) in connecting Ariza dish (aimed at Hispasat 30 W), located at the South-East corner of my house, to a switch located at North-West corner. Total length of telephone wire - 76' (50' along South wall, plus 26' on West wall). Used yellow wire for plus, and red for minus, black and green left not connected. Got quality about 40 to 50 %, but - strangely - the strength was just only 1% !. I tried to obscure the incoming waves with a sheet of styrofoam covered by aluminum foil - indeed, the quality dropped substantially, but the program was watchable. Pictures followIMG_0749.JPGIMG_0750.JPGIMG_0759.JPGIMG_0760.JPGIMG_0762.JPGIMG_0764.JPGIMG_0775.JPG

Old Dish at Home (Salmon River)

What the heck...I'll enter. I want to receive all the 4.2.2 news feeds on Anik F1R Ku and I want to support the contest. My "satellite hobbyist's laboratory" isn't elaborate, but it has a unique feature. Mounted on a 4-legged "portable" tower that requires endless monitoring to ensure the mast remains plumb, the concept was to be able to move the laboratory around my yard to find the sweet spot to best allow the motor/dish assembly to peak through all my trees. My yard is a satellite hobbyist's nightmare due to a continuous lineup of trees near and far across the southern property boundary. I even have the most expensive mast support devised at the base of the mast: a heavy-duty Yaesu azimuth rotator. I used this motor because I had it available and I originally thought I could tweak the dish/motor assembly as necessary by motoring with this azimuth rotator a little either way. It turned out it was easier to manually move the assembly as and when necessary.

As you admire the laboratory, sing yourself a song to the tune of "Old Folks at Home (Swanee River)":
Way down beside the Salmon River,
Far, far from home.
That's where my dish is standin' proudly,
Down where the raccoons roam.
Long though my cable stretches to it,
Weaving through all the trees.
I know my RG6 will serve me,
Remote motorin's such a breeze!

All the world is filled with news feeds as I move my dish,
Oh...don't you know my heart is jumpin',
422's my wish!

cyberham_2013March31_contest.jpgSalmon River.jpg15W.jpg83W_111W.jpg125W.jpg

Last edited:
How I 4:2:2 First you gather up some dishes and connect them just so ..
DishFarm.jpg Switches.jpg

Then you get a DVBS card and wrap a high powered computer around it. Then you can pump it out to the big screen and GAME ON !!!

HTPC.jpg BigScreen.jpg

or I could have got an Azbox MiniMe ;)

Entry with my member name

Ha, I don't read instructions well, so here are is my entry with my member name included in the photos this time...

SatDishFarmN.JPGSatDishHelperN.JPG

hello Stargate
is the solid dish a beta-9? does it still work? it looks like it had some dents on some of the panels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts