Contest: What would you do... 4:2:2?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
(Note From Scott: This Contest is NOT endorsed in any way by SatelliteGuys.US - Nor is this contest sponsored by SatelliteGuys - Enter at your own risk.)
WWYD422Logo.jpg

Let all SatelliteGuys members know how much of a crazy Satellite Guy (or Gal) you are with the What would you do... 4:2:2 contest from AzBox Canada and AzBox US on until August 31[SUP]st[/SUP]!

Participants have one full month to make a submission either by posting a picture, audio or video file in this thread showing how obsessed you are in receiving wild feeds, especially when these are in 4:2:2 chroma format! :D The only criteria is that it has to be your original picture, audio or video so you need to include your SatelliteGuys.US member name as part of your picture, video or audio submission in order to qualify.

Some ideas to get you started:

• A picture of your dish farm or other unique aspect of your feed hunting system.
  • A video of you doing something crazy while scanning for wild feeds.
  • A song recorded by you singing about scanning for wild feeds.

The grand prize winner will receive a brand new AzBox miniMe American Edition & WaveFocus wireless USB adapter combo valued at $269, second place gets a brand new AzBox Home Media Center valued at $129 and third place gets a WaveFocus wireless USB adapter valued at $49.

Prizes include free shipping anywhere in Canada or the continental US. There are no strings attached in the awarding of these prizes but we ask contest winners to post a review of your prize to SatelliteGuys once you had a chance to try it out. Having honest reviews will allow us to further improve the quality of our products in the future.

Terms and conditions:

This contest is open to any current SatelliteGuys.US member with the exception of AzBox Canada or AzBox US employees and authorised dealer staff along with their immediate family members. Participants may only make one contest submission on or before the deadline of 11:59pm PST on 8/31/2013. However, participants may choose to revise their submission an unlimited amount of times before the contest deadline with only the latest submission being considered as a valid entry. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited.

Contest submissions will be voted on by members of our staff on September 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and results will be posted shortly thereafter on the SatelliteGuys.US discussion forum. The winning members must then provide us with their shipping address via private message in order to get their prize shipped to them. If shipping information is not sent after 10 business days, winner will forfeit their prize and an additional vote will be made with the remaining submissions. AzBox Canada or AzBox US reserves the right to use
any contest submission for promotional purposes.

This prize will be shipped free of charge via FedEx Ground or Canada Post/USPS to any continental US or Canadian residence or business address. If you are outside of the Continental US or Canada, you will be responsible for all shipping cost and any brokerage and/or customs fees applicable to your country.

Good Luck to all participants!

PwrSurge

AzBox Canada & US

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this content pwrsurge!
I'll have my entry in a couple days. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I'll play!

Here's my dishes.

The 1.8m is being repaired, the arms are bent and the LNB mount is missing so I'm trying to figure out what to do about that but I should have it working before the month is out.

?My assistant is in the foreground.. You guys know that's really my dishes in my yard, I've posted plenty of pictures of them here.. :)

Attachments

• img_1760b.jpg
    img_1760b.jpg
    677.8 KB · Views: 452
At last a contest really worth it.. I gotta get my video ready (my style lol) to make the 422 trolls really cry for joy :eek:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just to note...

This Contest is NOT endorsed in any way by SatelliteGuys.US - Nor is this contest sponsored by SatelliteGuys - Enter at your own risk.)

I'll play!

Here's my dishes.

The 1.8m is being repaired, the arms are bent and the LNB mount is missing so I'm trying to figure out what to do about that but I should have it working before the month is out.

?My assistant is in the foreground.. You guys know that's really my dishes in my yard, I've posted plenty of pictures of them here.. :)

Nice picture!

Thank you for participating and good luck!

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Sounds interesting...
Don't think I'll sing... unless everyone will have to invest in earplugs...
Will try a picture. My QSDS system will have to do for now. Picture will explain.
-C.SSPX0063.jpg

Anole said:
Never thought it was.
But did ya have to post it twice?
I dont see any risk to entering.
?

Thanks, PwrSurge

No risk at all, since it won't cost anyone any money to enter. Even though there's no branded areas for fta receivers here anymore, it still seems that some vendors can do "endorsed" things, while others cannot. Strange.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Well all it cost me to enter was to post a photo. If I win, cool ! If I don't, no loss. :)
I'm in.. :D

it still seems that some vendors can do "endorsed" things, while others cannot. Strange.

Not strange if you know a few of the facts and I will respond to this insinuation of impropriety....

Several vendors are still site sponsors through the year end and we obtain site pre-approval for our contests. I anticipate that the contest process will change once there are no longer paid sponsorships. In this case, I suspect that this contest posting did not follow existing protocol for preapproval and Scott allowed it to proceed, but clarified the facts out of respect to the relationships and contracts with current site sponsors.

Let the record show that Satellite AV endorsed and fully supports the transition to a sponsor-free site and open contests like this. Products in an open forum will be identified and group endorsed if they are technically superior and provided with excellent customer support. Quite easy to identify the spin doctors, quacks and products not firing on all cylinders!

Indeed, a few months ago Pwrsurge PMed me and said he would like to do a giveaway, but that was the end of end, I never heard anything else.

I was surprised to see this contest pop up as other then the PM mentioned about I had no idea of anything. I didn't honestly know if I should let it (the contest) continue or delete the thread as spam. I decided to let it run but wanted to make it clear that this contest was not sanctioned by SatelliteGuys.

And there you have it. So enter if you want it, and don't if you don't. :D

I've a spare thingie waiting for another thingie to plug into and join the pack!

ForumRunner_20130803_165413.png

Use thin wall conduit for arms and you can buy feed horns on line for the band you want. The conduit flatten ends and drill a hole for bolt.

I'll play!

Here's my dishes.

No real chance to win one of the prizes mentioned.
(stiff competition)
But I'd be happy with a big bottle of real Canadian maple syrup! :up ;)

No real chance to win one of the prizes mentioned.
(stiff competition)
But I'd be happy with a big bottle of real Canadian maple syrup! :up ;)
Have you see the prices of Maple Syrup lately? That prize might be worth more then the FTA receiver!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)