Continued Hopper issues/failures. Starting to give up on Dish!

Has the Hopper w/sling ever been connected to the wireless...? Even tho the hopper has a network cable hard lined to the router it might still be producing two IP addresses which causes lots of congestion on the hole home network.
If you go to the wireless setup, enter in the wrong password and save the changes made this will hopefully resolve your issue.

Did last technician ran a check switch on Hopper after connecting SJ? I had a similiar situation on my first SJ install and check switch solved it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

FSM just left about two hours ago. He swapped a new SJ first. Still no connection. He rechecked all the lines and connections next. He said everything was wired perfectly and getting strong signals to Hopper and SJ. He basically said he'd swap the HWS again because he knew nothing else to try. Sure enough it's working great. Before he left it was showing live tv and could pull up DVR options. Recorded something random for a few minutes just to verify, and it could be watched from both TVs. We didn't try to do anything else before he left. After he as gone I tried to change channels and it was stuck on ESPN. Channel wouldn't change but I could still pull up DVR events. Reset both boxes and the Hopper said it was updating the Guide again. After both reset they have been working great. No issues yet. Keeping my fingers crossed, I hope this is over. He basically told me if this hadn't worked he didn't know what he was going to try next.

It sounds like the only thing they have not replaced is yh LNBs.
since nothing else has helped you might have them try that and as someone else suggested check out the stays of the ground at both ends as well as the source of the ground.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)