Continuing Coverage from the Directv Entertainment Expo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was hoping for some expanded HD coverage of Extra Innings and I'm really looking forward to Starz HD.

It is interesting to watch all of the reactions to the launching of the new HD channels.

We have so much information available to us via the internet. So, when things don't go according to plan, frustration sets in.

If there was no info available, we would be frustrated there is nothing happening.

But, I sure do like having the info we get here than nothing at all.

It sure seems like the problems w/ D10 are more significant than we thought so I am beginning to feel there may not be new HD tomorrow. I really hope I am wrong but.....

Who said it was going to be the 19th in the first place and was this based on credible info or a rumor? I think if DirecTV was planning on doing ANYTHING tomorrow relating to HD expansion, some mention of it would have been made in the conference call.

And next month, you can probably count on another glitch with the satellite resulting in another 30 day delay. Someone please send me an email when they're on. :)

Who said it was going to be the 19th in the first place and was this based on credible info or a rumor? I think if DirecTV was planning on doing ANYTHING tomorrow relating to HD expansion, some mention of it would have been made in the conference call.

And next month, you can probably count on another glitch with the satellite resulting in another 30 day delay. Someone please send me an email when they're on. :)

not necessarily. for starters, the 9/19 date was reporter on several internal directv documents.

my gut feeling has always said there would be a soft launch on new hd channels before there was any press released. this way, if there are bugs, they can be tweaked before an official launch.

what we heard yesterday was that 70 hd channels would be on air within the next 30 days. in the business, its called cover your ass. again, if you aren't definitive and there are problems, you aren't looking totally stupid as if you had said.....70 channels lit by 9/24 and only 5 were on the air!

If you call DirecTV and ask them when you will see the first new HD channels they will tell you tommorow at 6am.

So it's DirecTV saying it's the 19th. :)

Scott - I just called Directv as well, talked with Technical support and they said tomorrow at 6:00am

WOW. This is great news! I hope their people know what they're talking about this time!

Guys, this is off subject but can someone tell me where I can get a listing of all channels appearing on DirecTV (in numerical order) with a brief description of the programmng for each? This used to be on the DTV site but it's not anymore. (They're now grouped as packages.)

I want to update my favorites and don't know anything about some of the listed channels so a numercial listing with description would be helpful. Thanks.

They better be right or I am calling in tomorrow and complaining.

For what its worth, since DirecTV CSR's are the ones who are saying the 19th when you call, then they DO deserve hell if some new HD is not on tommorow.

CSRS should not be giving out this info if its not true.

I work at ups and deliver to afew contractors on my route. They keep telling me the 19th. They all have different stories though to how many channels will go live. I just hope they have TBS-HD by the time the playoff start

WOW. This is great news! I hope their people know what they're talking about this time!

Guys, this is off subject but can someone tell me where I can get a listing of all channels appearing on DirecTV (in numerical order) with a brief description of the programmng for each? This used to be on the DTV site but it's not anymore. (They're now grouped as packages.)

I want to update my favorites and don't know anything about some of the listed channels so a numercial listing with description would be helpful. Thanks.

That sounds like something really useful. If there is not such a present list, maybe someone can make one up. [lovswr runs & hides :) ]

We have had Dishnetwork for years, now on five televisions.

I had Directv installed on one HDtv mainly for Sunday Ticket.

But I felt any HD that is added on Directv that DishNet does not have would be a great bonus. And with now hearing there may be a delay in the HD programming it kind of pisses _me_ off. I can understand how long time Directv subscribers must feel!

However, when I called Directv several times trying to get them to give me a discount off the $199 HR20 price (to no avail), one CSR told me the new HD would not be on until December, lol I hope. So, I guess I can't complain as long as they get the HD on before New Year's Day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)