Continuing problems with Dish receivers

I thought someone might of had the same experience with missed recordings.
I'll repeat it again - even after you've acknowledged it - this is a known software issue. Continued "rants" about it are just beating a dead horse. If I recall, you had (2) other concerns. Those have merit and solutions or ideas make sense to discuss or try.
Oh the page down button not down on the select. 118F and 109F
Those temperatures are fine. No need to worry about where the receiver is located, what is around it or stacked above or below it.

To me it totally sounds like an electrical problem!... Either house wiring or coax/dish... If no one else is having the problem, its been replaced numerous times...

To me its obvious, most certainly not an easy fix.... Hell I would take and extension cord across my house to see it its any better...Would also make sure Im on a different leg of the home as if there could be a problem with the "A" leg or "B" leg....

A Roku is nothing like a dish receiver.... Are you aware that at the dish, the LNBs are being supplied with power?... That box dose a whole lot!

Reactions: charlesrshell
To me it totally sounds like an electrical problem!... Either house wiring or coax/dish... If no one else is having the problem, its been replaced numerous times...

To me its obvious, most certainly not an easy fix.... Hell I would take and extension cord across my house to see it its any better...Would also make sure Im on a different leg of the home as if there could be a problem with the "A" leg or "B" leg....

A Roku is nothing like a dish receiver.... Are you aware that at the dish, the LNBs are being supplied with power?... That box dose a whole lot!
The reboot a few months ago may have been an electrical problem but it has gone away so I'm not concerned. As Hall says the software problem is a known issue (although tech support won't admit it.) so lets consider the discussion closed.

The reboot a few months ago may have been an electrical problem but it has gone away so I'm not concerned. As Hall says the software problem is a known issue (although tech support won't admit it.) so lets consider the discussion closed.
OK on the close, but I hope you let us know if or when you have her fixed. Thanks.

I just reread this thread and you stated these skipped timers have been going on for 15 years... On the Hopper, we know the reason. On previous receivers, that obviously doesn't apply. You sure these aren't being skipped by someone else in your house ? ;) In my house, my wife and I have a few extra kids we didn't know we had. Their names are "it wasn't me", " I don't know ", etc !

Reactions: charlesrshell
I just reread this thread and you stated these skipped timers have been going on for 15 years... On the Hopper, we know the reason. On previous receivers, that obviously doesn't apply. You sure these aren't being skipped by someone else in your house ? ;) In my house, my wife and I have a few extra kids we didn't know we had. Their names are "it wasn't me", " I don't know ", etc !
Memories fade... we've been in this house for 13 years. My wife doesn't play with the programming. Its certainly been a bigger problem with the hopper. I'm not sure but I think it may be a new feature with the Hopper than you can go "above" the schedule and see what was not recorded and "why". That makes the whole thing more frustrating. Anyway if I catch the error before the recording time I can delete the timer and start over which should work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts