Contract extension sticky

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ranmic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Sun, Sun and more Sun!!!!
I know there was a sticky up for the longest time and now I would actually like to look at it and it's not there. Does anyone know if it is still around anywhere?

If not, here are my two questions:

1. HDDVR: how long of contract extension?
2. HD receiver: How long of a contract extension?

Thanks in advance.

Everytime I talk to CSR for a customer about adding or replacing a receiver, they say 12 month.
I could be wrong, but that is what they tell me.

All HD and DVR's are a 24 month commitment. Only time the commitment does not come into play is for the replacement of a defective receiver (if I remember correctly).

DIRECTV: Equipment Lease Addendum

For a current DIRECTV customer, the programming package(s) must be maintained for a period of not less than (a) twelve (12) consecutive months for accounts with only standard receiver(s), or (b) twenty-four (24) consecutive months for accounts with advanced product(s)/receiver(s) (DVR, HD, or HD DVR, including additional DIRECTV receiver(s)).

I took the sticky down because stonecold said some of it had become outdated and he hadn't redone it yet.

What the guys said above is right, activating a HR or H or R receiver automatically 2 more years. Kind of a crock, and I would'nt be suprised if it changes eventually after the mess with the attorney generals settlement.

I forgot to add, That New customers are 24 months no matter what.
I thought it was only 18 months for New customers with SD Non DVR equipment.
I guess not!

I'm out of contract but was interested in insuring that DirecTV's record is accurate about it. Do you have to call them to get your contract status? I looked at the DTV site but didn't see that info. If I recall, a phone call is necessary to obtain your contract status.

I'm out of contract but was interested in insuring that DirecTV's record is accurate about it. Do you have to call them to get your contract status? I looked at the DTV site but didn't see that info. If I recall, a phone call is necessary to obtain your contract status.

Yea, I had to call to get mine.

I took the sticky down because stonecold said some of it had become outdated and he hadn't redone it yet.

What the guys said above is right, activating a HR or H or R receiver automatically 2 more years. Kind of a crock, and I would'nt be suprised if it changes eventually after the mess with the attorney generals settlement.

I am going to redo it I am playing with a new bit of java script to make it easier to understand and more like some of the tools that agents use for other issues . Basically a series of yes and no questions that lead to an answer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts