2 year contract ending

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TxDTV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2018
Texas
So my 2 year contract ends This Monday, so i got to call DirecTV Tuesday, what should i do, when i first signed up, i was paying $68.xx a month, then later got another $50 dollar credit, that started last year some time, has about 7 months left of that, and currently paying only about $15.xx a month!! What should i do be the first time ive had to call and try to get a new deal on satellite.

If you do not need new equipment, do not do anything. A contract is not required for service once the initial 2 years are up. At $15 a month why rock the boat? After the promo is expired, I’d call ant tell the voice bot answering machine you want to cancel. This gets you retention and they my extended the promo for another 2 months.

Thanks, yeah, good on equipment, have a HR54-700. I just want to keep getting goood promotions that keeps my bill about what i was paying now or at the beginning of me signing up.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I’m currently get like $59 off the ultimate all access plan, i think its called, it says regular $149 i think?? And thats ending next week when my contract ends, and maybe a couple other promos, the other $50 promo that i started getting last year doesn’t end for another 6-7 months.

If the rates go up, you might need to consider Orby or Dish.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

We actually have Dish in the house, have for YEARS, only reason i even have DTV, is to be able to watch ATT SportsNet southwest for Astros games. But we shall see, I’m really dont want to pay over $70, and i much prefer the DTV guide and ease of use compared to Dish hopper 3

If you only have Directv for Astros games and you have Dish as well, you could suspend Directv during the off season. They allow suspending an account for up to six months. That might save you more money, and any credits you can get on top of that would be icing on the cake.

If you have a contract commitment, the 'clock stops' on it during suspensions, so if you were suspending 6 months every year it would take you four years to fulfill a 24 month commitment.

Reactions: Jimbo
I contacted them today told them I wanted to cancel, they said they had nothing for me. Called back, to see about getting a cheaper package, and they said, let me see if we have any promotions for you, and they gave me $50 off for 12 months..

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)