Converting a 90 cm dish to a 1.2m dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has anyone tried or heard of increasing the size of an existing smaller( 90cm or 1m) FTA satellite dish to a 1.2m dish? It would just be a matter of cutting a number of "petals" and attaching them around the circumference of the dish to increase the diameter. Aluminum flashing comes in rolls and would be good as it is reflective, and can be cut into pie shapes and fitted around the perimeter. Granted, a lot of work, but would be cheaper than buying a brand new one. Wouldn't increase the weight of the dish too much and would allow using a small H-H motor to turn it.

Not sure how the increased size would affect the focal distance or focal point. Might be worth a try. Just have to keep the petals in the parabolic shape of the rest of the dish.

I have heard that way back when there was a company that made a retrofit for C band dishes to increase their size.

I only tried it on 97 west because I could not pick up transponder 12053 V 22000-3/4 Smile of a Child TV.
I only added about 15 inches all around the dish. then i also added an inline signal booster they sell on ebay for about $8 then i was able to get the smile of a child network. before with my smaller dish i was not able to get it. but i did not add the metal on the front i added it on the back and bend it forward until i seen signal improvement. love to upload image 1 day. i used cheap aluminum flashing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)