CooCoo 4000 pro blind scan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mroodey

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
I recently got a CooCoo 4000 reciever. It appears to have some version of the coolsat firmware installed, but there is now blind scan. I copied some scanned channels from g19 onto this box and it loaded them fine, but I was wandering if these boxes had blind scan or not.

I thought they were mainly a "non-fta" box if you know what I mean but if it has Coolsat in it, then it might work

Here is a true way to verify if blind scan works

-select a different satellite than where you are. So if you are on G19 select a satellite like AMC2, Horizon 2, Horizon 1, just another satellite but dont move the dish
-blind scan that "other" satellite. If the blind scan picks up the transponders then the blind scan works

I've seen other boxes where you can delete all TP's then "blind scan" and it plugs those same TP's back in. Using a different satellite forces it to find the info

The problem is that there is not even a blind scan option. Just network scan and manual scan. It might be a clone of a coolsat 4000 plus because I am not sure if they had blind scan either.

Coolsat 4/5/6000 have blind scan as stock option. I have worked with a 4000 & a 5000 and can assure you blind scan is an option :)

Just out of curiosity is there an auto scan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts