CoolSat 5000 Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

706Tom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
North Georgia
I just bought a used Coolsat 5000. I see many satellites and channels listed in the memory. If I reset the box to factory settings what will be in memory? Will all the channels be removed? Are all the Satellites removed? The manual just says to reset if you'd like factory reset, but it doesn't explain what happens if I do a reset.

the channels would be removed and the satellite list would stay. It defaults back to the same settings as if it was factory fresh

Read the postings on this site regarding Channel Master software to manage all the satellites and the channels. It took me 2 years to get around to working with this software and it's fantastic. I wish I used it from the beginning. Works well with my Coolsats -- I have the 4000 Pro and 6000 Premium.

Read the postings on this site regarding Channel Master software to manage all the satellites and the channels. It took me 2 years to get around to working with this software and it's fantastic. I wish I used it from the beginning. Works well with my Coolsats -- I have the 4000 Pro and 6000 Premium.

bloomdog,

I haven't tried the software yet.
Is it worth using or is it just a fancy way of doing what we do now using the remote?

I haven't tried Channel Master on my CS5000 yet.

Absolutely worth doing--saves a lot of time with the remote, allows you fast control over channels and if you download a recent posting from someone else, it will give you up-to-date birds and hot transponders. Also, allows you to tweak your settings in a very logical manner on your computer. I found it a lot easier to add new birds this way, especially since Coolsats need you to manually enter at least one hot transponder before you can even blind scan the bird. Trust me, worth the 1 hour it takes to install and figure out how to fully use it.

it should

For the 5000, its well worth it. I went in and did the satellites from E to W in order and you can move channels around easier. Best part is you can screw around on CM and unless you load it back to the box nothing changes :)

The nice thing I like about using this program, is that if things get messed up in one way or another from "testing", just like your computer you can restore back to the last saved file. Reverse version of what Iceberg said. Let's you experiment without any worries. Have fun with it! It gives you a good insight of how things work. You will want to add a few Sats. that are not in the original config. of the 5000. CM can do this manually within the program and so much more. Have fun with your new machine. There are many different ones out there, and some better I'm sure, but I tell you, for what this little box has and what it does, I'm not giving mine up until it says goodbye to ME! Save your files to CM whenever you find you have made "headway" on any given day. As far as if it works USB, others will have to answer that for you. Have fun and let us know how your doing with it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)