Coolsat 5000 signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrturbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
norther california
I was trying to get signal on 97w toda but for some reason the meter never moves even if I'm on the bird. I tried to get 97w for two hours. Then I gave up and did a blind scan for fun, and guess what channels came on. This coolsat is new to me. So am I doing something wrong?? Thanks in advance for your answers.

When you blind scanned the satellite, your receiver found all active transponders on the satellite and tuned to one of them when the scan was over. That's why it worked after the scan. When you are aiming a dish, you need to select an active transponder, or you will get no quality even if your dish is aimed properly.

and depending on what channel list is in there, the first transponder may not be active. SO you'll be aiming until your hearts content but wont find a signal :)

Galaxy 19,,,,, 97W,,,,,TP 12.176V 22.997MS/s Channel SOAC I have this on my Coolsat 5000
I have a Quality of 87%.
Since I am not exactly on the arc,,, but get that signal.

ok, i think i figured out my problem. im pointing at 93w getting 90%, i noticed that the tp is 10984 v 8681 which would be for Azteca, But on lyngsat it says 11984 v 8681. Is this due to the LNB im uising? Its a Focus LNB 10750 Linear High Gain Low Noice 0.3dB. I this this is why i was having no luck getting signal when i was trying to find it. Now that i want to try another bird i want to figure this out. In the Coolsat 5000 settings its set to universal. Thanks

By "Single", they mean that the LNBF receives a single band. The universal LNBFs receive two bands, Ku low and Ku high. The "Single" setting means a single L.O.

I saw that WSI uses it on their website as well. The DMX521 is listed as "Single Ku Band Standard LNB" so I figured it probably meant what Tron said above.

Thanks guys! Just another case of multiple words for the same thing.
I wonder if we should put a new FAQ or sticky thread somewhere for commonly used acronyms and terms....I know it would have helped me a lot. We have done a similar thing at work on our wiki. It REALLY helps new employees and even people who have worked here awhile.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)