Coolsat 5000 with Prime Focus Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

yardie0

Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I have a motorized FTA setup with two coolsats (4000 and 5000). I would like to pick up the channel Sportmax on Intelsat 707 at 53W. I am planning to get a 150cm PrimeFocus dish with a C-band LNB but I am not sure how this would work on the coolsat 5000 when changing polarity. I have been reading and it seems like a C-Band receiver does this by operating a servo motor however the FTA receiver changes polarity on an Offset dish without any additional hardware. Would I need a sevo motor, or is ther an LNB that can do this without a servo motor?
Oh my location is Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (43.6N 79.3W)

yardie0 said:
I have a motorized FTA setup with two coolsats (4000 and 5000). I would like to pick up the channel Sportmax on Intelsat 707 at 53W. I am planning to get a 150cm PrimeFocus dish with a C-band LNB but I am not sure how this would work on the coolsat 5000 when changing polarity. I have been reading and it seems like a C-Band receiver does this by operating a servo motor however the FTA receiver changes polarity on an Offset dish without any additional hardware. Would I need a sevo motor, or is ther an LNB that can do this without a servo motor?
Oh my location is Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (43.6N 79.3W)

Get a C band LNBF . It will do voltage switching for polarity changing , just like the little Bu band LNBF's used on the small dishes ..

That is , if your receiver does not have the connections for the polorotor used on the traditional C band frrdhorn , LNB & polorotor . Some / most of the Pansats have this connection .

Wyr

WyrTwister said:
Get a C band LNBF . It will do voltage switching for polarity changing , just like the little Bu band LNBF's used on the small dishes ..
That is , if your receiver does not have the connections for the polorotor used on the traditional C band frrdhorn , LNB & polorotor . Some / most of the Pansats have this connection .
Wyr
I looked at pictures on the back of a pansat and i noticed that it has a pair of 5V connections. i assume that this is the polorotor connection you are referring to. The coolsat does not have this connection. Can a regular feedhorn like Item #3570011 at skyvision.com work?

I'd pickup a ASC421 from your favorite DMSi dealer. It's voltage switched and a low temp LNBF. I have one and found it's performance it be quite nice.

The Pansat will control a polarotor. I bought my 1st Pansat for just that reason. If you aren't going to buy a C/Ku feedhorn + LNBs I'd stick with a voltage switched C-Band LNBF. It will be MUCH cheaper.

yardie0 said:
I looked at pictures on the back of a pansat and i noticed that it has a pair of 5V connections. i assume that this is the polorotor connection you are referring to. The coolsat does not have this connection. Can a regular feedhorn like Item #3570011 at skyvision.com work?

Yes , those are the connections for the polorotor on the feedhorn in the picture , on the Pansat .

Can not remember hearing of any way to get the CoolSat to control the polorotor , directly .

What I have done is slave the DVB-S receiver to an analog C band receiver & use it to control polarity . Just switch from an od to an even channel on it , when you want to change polarity .

Make up a pair of sats in the DVB-S menue , label one something like IA 5 H & the other IA 5 V . Scan each one independantly , like they were different sats .

Or buy a C band LNBF .

Wyr

Attachments

• C-Band_with_Polorotor.jpg
    C-Band_with_Polorotor.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 219
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts