Coolsat 6000 bandstacked lnb setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I picked up a 6000 premium on Ebay. I am trying to setup 91w on it with my bandstacked lnb. The OCS setting in the menu shows 2 lnb frequencies on it. But when I try it it doesn't work right. Doesn't switch back and forth like it should. I am not sure if it is a firmware issue or if the box just doesn't work for bandstacked lnb. I think it has pirateware in it but I am not sure how to load good firmware. Has anyone here successfully used a bandstacked cband lnb with this receiver?

yup. Done a bandstacked LNB on a 5000 which is pretty much the same

OCS
5150/5750

3rd party factory firmware is here
FTAFirmware for Coolsat

Cool thanx. I was able to manually scan transponders with that setup above and it logged properly however on the blind scan it won't switch correctly and gives me bad numbers like 4600 instead of 4000 frequency and wrong polarities. I know the LNB is good because I have it setup on the Openbox where it works perfect.

Another thing I noticed is most of my quality numbers are in the high 80s to 90s. Where on most of my other receivers they are much lower. Do you know what kind of quality readings this box needs in order to lock a picture?

CS5K usually needs about 64-66 Q to get something viewable,watchable needs 67Q and up.

oops,see you have a 6K but it should be essentially the same.

Last edited:
Cool thanx. I was able to manually scan transponders with that setup above and it logged properly however on the blind scan it won't switch correctly and gives me bad numbers like 4600 instead of 4000 frequency and wrong polarities. I know the LNB is good because I have it setup on the Openbox where it works perfect.

I am not sure about the coolsat, but on my openbox that happens when i flip the LNB north/south/south/north. Then my openbox gives opposite polarities that i have to manually fix.
give it a go and see what happens, flip the lnb and rescan something.
just something to try.

Another thing I noticed is most of my quality numbers are in the high 80s to 90s. Where on most of my other receivers they are much lower. Do you know what kind of quality readings this box needs in order to lock a picture?

The meter is pretty wacky
63 is minimum
67-68 is watchable
On my 5000 with stock 1.00 software 82 is max...most are between 72-75
Anything after 1.00 that jumps to 80's 90's

Ya I was just curious about the tuner sensitivity because it is showing 85+ on some of my weaker channels and they aren't dropping out at all.

coolsat had tweaked for marketing purposes the quality readings,usually 10 or 15 percent higher than real.
other receivers show less quality but are probably showing true readings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts