Coolsat 6000 no audio...help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jogon64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Mexico
A friend of a friend brought a Coolsat 6k over to have me check it. He had 97w scanned in and said that the audio just went all of a sudden.

I´ve checked it now on several sats, checked all posible settings (audio, video), reset receiver, factory reset, tried rca cables, coax output, all I can think of (except spdif).

Video and all other functions work perfect even the remote, I even tried the games (tetris, snake).

I´m 100% certain it´s not my setup because any other stb I connect works great.

What could be the problem? Could it be something under the hood cause I´m electronically challenged? I did take a look inside but nothing seems out of place.

Any help would be appreciated.

what software version are you running?

Maybe it needs to be reflashed with the factory software

It says:

SW version Norw 1.75p
HW version 2.10
Boot version 2.10
CH version E007

Is it patch-eye Ice?

Im not very familiarized with Coolsat software.´

yeah thats some old eyepatch stuff

here is some 3rd party factory stuff that we here endorse because it fixes little glitches in the factory and is still very good
FTAFirmware for Coolsat

I would load that in there

also I'll attach an updated sat list with KU satellites 72-148 and C-band 72-139 and the loader. Load the software first then load the sat list

Attachments

• master.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 160
  • CoolSat Pro Loader v.2.4.zip
    167.5 KB · Views: 216
Thanks Ice, I´ll give it a try.

Would I need a straight or null cable?

I have some cables not sure which is which, but I labeled one "2500" because it came with a pansat 2500 and another one "2700" from a pansat 2700. I kinda remember those two were different. Thanks.

If I remember its a null modem cable....I have both here too (well a straight cable and a null adapter)

Thanks again Ice.

Problem now is my pc serial port won´t work. I might have to go into configurations, which I´m not very comfortable with or I´ll have to drive over to a friend´s house who assured me his port does work, but that would have to be over the weekend.

I´ll let you know how it goes.

ok so its a straight cable then ;)

I've got 5 different receivers and I forget what receiver takes what setup :)

Thanks again Ice.

Problem now is my pc serial port won´t work. I might have to go into configurations, which I´m not very comfortable with or I´ll have to drive over to a friend´s house who assured me his port does work, but that would have to be over the weekend.

I´ll let you know how it goes.

Jogon,

How did you determine that the serial port was not functioning? Maybe you DO simply have the wrong cable? If you have the wrong cable, the loader program will simply give you the message to "CONNECT YOUR RECEIVER AND TURN IT ON".

Of course, it the port isn't working right, you would probably get the same message, regardless of which cable you used.

FYI: I thought that there was more than one flavor for the Coolsat 4000 model and only the 4000 "PRO" used the null modem cable (the cable that crosses the wires for pins 2 and 3). All the rest (other 4k's if there were more than one version) and both the 5K and the 6K used the straight through serial cable. For certain, the 5K and 6K models must have the straight cable.

RADAR

There were 2 flavors of the CS4000
4000 pro
4000 plus

one used null modem and the other was a straight through cable

Radar, I tried both cables on my pc but neither works.

Anyway, I went over to my friend´s and used his pc. I was able to load the factory firmware from the coolsat website latest version 6, I believe. (The cable that worked was the one used with pansat 2500, which one is that?)

Unfortunately that did not solve my audio problem. Still frustrated here.

Could it be hardware then?

I´ve tried about everything audio in stereo, mono right left, switching red and white rca cables,, connected coax, moved all audio settings on tv, and all combinations of these. What else is there to do?

I´ve tried about everything audio in stereo, mono right left, switching red and white rca cables,, connected coax, moved all audio settings on tv, and all combinations of these. What else is there to do?

Jogon,

While I am not sure of every detail of what you did try, it certainly sounds like you have covered most all avenues. You did try it with SPDIF set to ON and OFF?

One thing that I would suggest is trying the digital audio outputs (either the single digital RCA phono or the optical output - whichever you can manage to use with any existing or borrowed equipment). If that is silent too, then I suspect an internal component failure.

You might try reseating all the internal connectors (unplug them and plug them back in). Sometimes a poor connection can cause quirky things. I have doubts that this will help, but you cannot lose anything by trying (just do it with power OFF and unplugged).

RADAR

I did try spdif on/off Radar but nothing.

I fear it is hardware so I don´t know if it can be fixed or íf its worth it.

I always had the impression these boxes were pretty solid and reliable. Never heard of any trouble like this before. Leave it to me to stepping on the dog pooh! Murphy never sleeps!

The only thing I have yet to try is the optical out but I don´t have any equipment available at this time so that might wait a couple of days. Thanks a lot guys anyhow.

I was able to test the coolsat´s optical out and ... it works! Works just fine.

Whatsmore the regular rca audio when you crank the volume on both stb and tv all the way up you can just barely hear it with my ear on the tv speaker. So there is audio just no volume. I´m more confused now. Any input?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts