Coolsat 6000 Premium

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
I have found out just in case some guys did not know that if you use your loop out feature on your 6000 and you switch the power off in the back that the loop out does not work! Unplugged or off from the back your loop to slave coax will have nada on the line. My 6000 gets hot where it is currently in my entertainment system and to cool it down tonight, I flipped the switch of in the back to find on another receiver that now had no signal from the LNB. Powered the 6000 back on and the signal came back on my other receiver. Well, another thing learned tonight!

Loop out seems like it is just a through I thought but the box has to be powered up to send the loop through. Signal through I don’t mean powered on and watching but plugged into 110 and in standby mode or on. I also noticed that the Coolsat boxes have problems being together when you got another one slaved in line. I talked about my Coolsat main Master box restarting all the time even when powered down for a day and on fresh! The box seems to hiccup. I put a Satpros 550 on the loop out and no problems also put my Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA on the loop out and the CS never slowed down or restarted. Slave the bedroom box (CS 6000) in line and back to the restarting problems again. Came to the conclusion that it is the two CS boxes together that makes my master box quiver! Just in case any of you guys did not know, now you do!

The darn thing cycles restarts about 3 times then back to normal, that is a cool running 6000, now when she has been on for a while it restarts with just one green number in the display and off it goes. If the box has been on for hours you just might as well forget a stable on if powered off then back on! That is not going to happen till it cools down.

So that is a great tip and it is free! Proper Ventilation of Your Box! If you have the HD boxes also in a tight space the fan in the back is not going to be enough to cool it down. NEVER put other equipment on top of your STB box. The see though hole louvers in the tin tops are there for a reason! To circulate air!

A STB FTA Box should be on the very top of TV or in an entertainment center the first top component in the stack. Should be about 5 to 6 inches room all around the box and top to bottom. I guess if you have it in a spot here it gets hot or absolutely have to have it in that cramped spot one of those personal small fans would cool things down but could be a bit noisy!

Anyways..... Back to my story....

I also tried a VS 9000 HD in line as a master and no problems on the loop out to the bedroom. Yes, I did a factory reset (thanks Ice!) and it worked for a few days but back to the restarting again. I do notice that it does not matter cold or hot, the darn thing just does not like having a twin mated to it!

I am looking to go HD very soon and bigger dish so I will not have this problem rolling in the near future that is a guarantee

Just a FYI if you have the same boxes and they are looped together and you’re having restart issues with your master box but your slave box runs fine and has never restarted, this is why.... well at least in my case!

Wonder if there is a power pass type thing to slap inline there or if one of those splitters with power pass would work and stop it? I figure it is a power conflict of some sort with the two. I was thinking of getting a splitter anyway and running coax out to a box for the patio for summer time use with a box and TV outside!

Well guys' now I say good morning to you and have a great day!

So that is a great tip and it is free! Proper Ventilation of Your Box! If you have the HD boxes also in a tight space the fan in the back is not going to be enough to cool it down.
so true. Both of my HD boxes (CS8000 and Quali) run warmer than the 5000 does.

NEVER put other equipment on top of your STB box.
very true. PLus most of them are so light if you do put something on top it will bend the case

A STB FTA Box should be on the very top of TV or in an entertainment center the first top component in the stack. Should be about 5 to 6 inches room all around the box and top to bottom. I guess if you have it in a spot here it gets hot or absolutely have to have it in that cramped spot one of those personal small fans would cool things down but could be a bit noisy!
my 5000 has about 2 inches of room at the top and doesn't have issues. The Q needed about 4 or 5 for it to stay cool

Coolsat 6000 Premium Loop Out

It's the same for my Coolsat 6000, for loop out to work the receiver must be on :(

On as in off standby and view or on as in AC 110 power?

Of you mean on from standby in watch & interactive (On and Using The STB) this is not the case with both my CS 6000 boxes, they both loop out even with the power off in standby mode.

What I discovered the other evening on both 6000 boxes was:
AC power unplugged - No Loop
Power Switch in the back off - No Loop

From Looping both CS 6000 Boxes found:
Either box could be on - same satellite - Master has polarity
Slave box powered on second - master has main polarity - of course can't move motor - slave gets polarity that the master is on only.

Master has V locked the slave will only pick up Vertical polarization channels only and the same with H channels on the master, slave will only get Horizontal channels.
Master (What box has been turned on first) has full control over the motor.

qwert1515, is your slave box a 6000 too? That is weird, both of my CS will loop through on or off (Off as in standby mode) but will not loop if on AC power is connected or switch in back off.

It should loop out even in stand by mode. Both CS 6K’s here do.

Going back to the heat issue of my Coolsat box in the living room I had it too crammed in on top of other equipment so it was getting quite warm. Well not really crammed but the box below it (Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3100 from Sudden Stink) was getting hot and it has vents in the top of that case so the heat was rising to my STB from that equipment! A double whammy so to speak!

I noticed when the 6000 gets too hot, it just freaks out! After my first post on this subject I was blind scanning that night and the box was warm and it stopped right in the middle of the scan. Would not power on right without the restart issue again so I let it cool down. About 30 minutes later a was shocked to see that no channels were there! Not one bird! I thought it was just like a factory reset, very curiously went to the installation menu, sigh of relief that all my lnb & Motor settings there were retained! When this box gets hot it is stuck on stupid! I relocated both of them and now I have no problems with the living room STB going on strike!

I know I am going to hear it so here why:

Why two different subscription providers?

Primary TV Entertainment is Dish Network
Sudden link service is for Cable Internet & basic. Basic comes with the Internet so why not get a box!
Basic comes with the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3100 egg cooker even off in standby.
Yes, TV service sux! Kids use Sudden Stink for their rooms, Cable Internet not too bad but not at best.
FTA, I need not to explain why that is in the house do I?

Primary TV Entertainment is Dish Network
Sudden link service is for Cable Internet & basic. Basic comes with the Internet so why not get a box!
Basic comes with the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3100 egg cooker even off in standby.
Yes, TV service sux! Kids use Sudden Stink for their rooms, Cable Internet not too bad but not at best.
FTA, I need not to explain why that is in the house do I?
Nothing wrong with that, I had 2 providers:
NPS for my 4dtv "Movie Lovers Pak", my primary viewing
Dish Notwork for HD and the "Ultimate Package", which I cancelled Friday night on the last day of my Billing Cycle, because with Voom gone, the rest ain't currently worth the price for me.

no need to explain. I had 2 providers for a while. Dish Network and StarChoice. Still have SC for pretty much all subscription type programming. Dish was cancelled but the 811 I use for OTA :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.