Coolsat 6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

global0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
37N, 121W
Has anybody had a chance to preview Coolsat 6000?
I have seen it on a few sites with pre-order prices ~$210-250. But when I compare it to the 5000, I don't see much difference

This site "http://harmonyfta.com/item.asp?PID=56" has these highlights
- Faster scanning and channel changing speed
- 7 day full EPG (EPG??? I have not seen EPG on any channel yet, so why bother?)
- Extended memory size to 32 MB

But maybe I am missing something?

I posted this this past weekend on it
Havent seen a 6000 but from reading reports, its a 5000 in a 4000 case with an EPG that goes out longer. Since in this side of the world, there really arent any FTA channels that use a guide (Europe is different..EPG is HUGE there) its irrelevant

so other than maybe faster channel changing, the big feature they are plugging is the 7 day EPG which, gee guess who that helps....yep..

Great! Thanks ICE! I must have missed your post.

That's funny that they have put their new model in their older skin!?! They can save some development $ though. And Yeah, what's the deal with promoting the EPG!?!?! I guess it makes nice marketing lines ;-D

EPG is big in Europe. Here in the US it isn't. Wish it was (it would benice to see the EPG for the G10 stuff)

You know, if you have a CS5000 already, I don't see why you'd want to buy the 6000 considering that it has not much more to offer!? I was playing with the idea, but I guess I am going to save my money and wait for something that will add some value.

Exactly Global0

Its the same setup as the 5000. So if you have a 5000, its not worth it. If you have a 4000, then maybe (since it has component outputs)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts