Coolsat 6000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

global0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
37N, 121W
Has anybody had a chance to preview Coolsat 6000?
I have seen it on a few sites with pre-order prices ~$210-250. But when I compare it to the 5000, I don't see much difference

This site "http://harmonyfta.com/item.asp?PID=56" has these highlights
- Faster scanning and channel changing speed
- 7 day full EPG (EPG??? I have not seen EPG on any channel yet, so why bother?)
- Extended memory size to 32 MB

But maybe I am missing something?

I posted this this past weekend on it
Havent seen a 6000 but from reading reports, its a 5000 in a 4000 case with an EPG that goes out longer. Since in this side of the world, there really arent any FTA channels that use a guide (Europe is different..EPG is HUGE there) its irrelevant

so other than maybe faster channel changing, the big feature they are plugging is the 7 day EPG which, gee guess who that helps....yep..

Great! Thanks ICE! I must have missed your post.

That's funny that they have put their new model in their older skin!?! They can save some development $ though. And Yeah, what's the deal with promoting the EPG!?!?! I guess it makes nice marketing lines ;-D

EPG is big in Europe. Here in the US it isn't. Wish it was (it would benice to see the EPG for the G10 stuff)

You know, if you have a CS5000 already, I don't see why you'd want to buy the 6000 considering that it has not much more to offer!? I was playing with the idea, but I guess I am going to save my money and wait for something that will add some value.

Exactly Global0

Its the same setup as the 5000. So if you have a 5000, its not worth it. If you have a 4000, then maybe (since it has component outputs)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts