Coolsat 6100 firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I found a site that had what claimed to be factory file for it, but I wouldn't trust it much. It was called skyfiles, or something similar, I'm sure you can locate it also. I didn't want to post a link to what is probably a hacker site, even though they are mostly useless now anyway.
Maybe another owner of the 6100 will come up with it for you here!

edit to add : Another warning I read>from one of those sites : It said Beware of downloading and using the Coolsat loader program also. Claimed that any version found on the net contains a trojan SO to avoid this trap, USE the USB drive to load firmware! (provided you find the right firmware)

Last edited:
I have a similar predicament. I have several versions of factory files for the CS6100, but can't verify that they are genuine, so you'd be taking a risk, however slight. If you want one, PM me with your email and I'll send it to you.
:)

edit to add : Another warning I read>from one of those sites : It said Beware of downloading and using the Coolsat loader program also. Claimed that any version found on the net contains a trojan SO to avoid this trap, USE the USB drive to load firmware! (provided you find the right firmware)

agreed. Found that with the 7000 loader I had. Apparent virus on it

i used this on mine...it's been awhile...but should be ok....if not maybe i could upload from my 6100

Attachments

• cs6100-114.zip
    932.4 KB · Views: 274
i used this on mine...it's been awhile...but should be ok....if not maybe i could upload from my 6100

This looks to be the same file I'm using on two 6100's with good result.
Downloaded a copy from Coolsatusa.com in June 2009, tho this site no longer exists, appeared to be the legitimate Canada/USA distributor for Coolsat.

This is a good file. It should be stickied to the firmware page.

It works just fine.

BTW the 7000 loader will always show up as a virus, but it isn't. I have been using it for a while. Turn off your your AV/antispyware programs off. Just in case I've only used it on an old pentium2 laptop...but no problems

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)