Coolsat 6100 firmware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I found a site that had what claimed to be factory file for it, but I wouldn't trust it much. It was called skyfiles, or something similar, I'm sure you can locate it also. I didn't want to post a link to what is probably a hacker site, even though they are mostly useless now anyway.
Maybe another owner of the 6100 will come up with it for you here!

edit to add : Another warning I read>from one of those sites : It said Beware of downloading and using the Coolsat loader program also. Claimed that any version found on the net contains a trojan SO to avoid this trap, USE the USB drive to load firmware! (provided you find the right firmware)

Last edited:
I have a similar predicament. I have several versions of factory files for the CS6100, but can't verify that they are genuine, so you'd be taking a risk, however slight. If you want one, PM me with your email and I'll send it to you.
:)

edit to add : Another warning I read>from one of those sites : It said Beware of downloading and using the Coolsat loader program also. Claimed that any version found on the net contains a trojan SO to avoid this trap, USE the USB drive to load firmware! (provided you find the right firmware)

agreed. Found that with the 7000 loader I had. Apparent virus on it

i used this on mine...it's been awhile...but should be ok....if not maybe i could upload from my 6100

Attachments

• cs6100-114.zip
    932.4 KB · Views: 273
i used this on mine...it's been awhile...but should be ok....if not maybe i could upload from my 6100

This looks to be the same file I'm using on two 6100's with good result.
Downloaded a copy from Coolsatusa.com in June 2009, tho this site no longer exists, appeared to be the legitimate Canada/USA distributor for Coolsat.

This is a good file. It should be stickied to the firmware page.

It works just fine.

BTW the 7000 loader will always show up as a virus, but it isn't. I have been using it for a while. Turn off your your AV/antispyware programs off. Just in case I've only used it on an old pentium2 laptop...but no problems

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)