History/Biography gone ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am using a small dish to watch these, but I still see other stuff on AMC 4 ?? Uh oh .
Okay, I'll bite . . . what . . . size . . . is . . . it???

What are you using for an LNB?
Is there new summer growth on a tree in your line of sight?
Are your coax connections well water-proofed? :cool:

I think they are starting the"ballet" to move SES-1 into place. I have been tracking SES-1 and it is now at 99.44(8:17am CDT). I thought maybe it might be in place this morning, but I suppose the switchover is a delicate procedure.

BTW, I also am using a small dish (20wx18t), I have History/Bio at 69-70%, 12033(RTPi) is usually 96-97%!, 3ABN usually was in the high 80's before it went to G19. STB is a Coolsat 4k pro.

Dish is a dumpster salvaged DTV "multi-satellite" and LNB is just a run of the mill .02 standard.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the switch as I understand SES-1 should provide a better N.A. footprint

I noticed last night they were both gone here,Still gone.
Still showing 66-70%quality but get a "No audio/Video" on my coolsat5000.

I think they are starting the"ballet" to move SES-1 into place. I have been tracking SES-1 and it is now at 99.44(8:17am CDT). I thought maybe it might be in place this morning, but I suppose the switchover is a delicate procedure.

Where'd you get the info that it was at 99.44? Using the most recent keps {10162.60000000}, I'm showing it at 101.4, and even those aren't reliable as the controllers have probably been changing the orbit even since those keps came out. If I use older keps {10161.29834617}, I get something close to the 99.4 location you mentioned. I'm guessing you're using the older keps.

I see this happen all the time when new sats go up. Ie the keps only come out occasionally, and they only predict where the sat will be if the controllers let it drift, but they'll stop it at it's intended position, while the keps keep showing it moving on, since the keps didn't know that they've altered it's orbit.

B.J.,
I was referring to the info provided here. LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE AND SPACE SHUTTLE TRACKING AND PREDICTIONS

I just read what they gives me. :)

I don't know about all the formulas and stuff, if it is in error, oh well

:) Well you could blame it on the Air Force too, since it's all using their KEPs. Actually, when you checked, probably only the old keps were available, so anyone would have gotten the same results. The time you mentioned was right about when the new keps came out I think. I'm guessing that the controllers stopped the sat when it got to the box, but the keps thought the sat was still drifting.

But yeah, that page you used is using the old keps too.
I just looked at the Keps they used, which were:

1 36516U 10016A 10161.29834617 -.00000194 00000-0 00000+0 0 498
2 36516 000.0362 127.5720 0001965 178.3881 315.8346 01.01310731 462

and you see that 10161.29834617 in the first line is the same number I mentioned above. I think yesterday was day 161 in year 10, hence the 10161, and today is day 162 in year 10, hence 10162.
The .6 in the new keps means 60% through the day, but I can't remember (I used to know) if that's the day in UTC or Sidereal time.

Okay, I'll bite . . . what . . . size . . . is . . . it???

What are you using for an LNB?
Is there new summer growth on a tree in your line of sight?
Are your coax connections well water-proofed? :cool:

Anole'

I have the 90cm Glorystar package with two of their lnb's parked at 97 and 101, usually works pretty good.

Weather is really bad tonight , almost nothing on Ku . Oh wow there goes C-band too.

Don't know why I couldn't get History yesterday, no weather then.

Jim

Having the same problem. Lost it last night (not even a hint of a signal) as well. Wasn't back early this morning, as expected. I did get it to come in earlier tonight (7 pm or so) but it took a long time to kick in (never had that problem before) and was down from normal. Annoying considering that the "fade out at night" hadn't occurred for me for at least the last two weeks.

I've been losing History & Bio too....signal gone. I tried turning it off & on...no change. I moved the dish to 72W, then back to 101W and the channels came back. I can't figure it out. It did it again last night....came back after moving dish to 72W then back to 101W, but that is a pain to have to get these channels every time I turn on the tv. Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)