History/Biography gone ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
@TMair, you say the dish is aimed as best you can get it, and if the switch is good, try tweaking the LNB

The skew and focal distance might be off just enough to give a weak quality reading, and it's so easy
to take for granted/overlook the LNB adjustment.

Start by loosening the collar and rotate the LNB left or right, AND towards or away from the pan to
max out the signal. Keep watching the signal as you snug the collar up, and adjust the LNB accordingly.

My cordless-phone has a sweet "intercom" feature with speaker-phone too, I slip it into my coat pocket while
the wife is at the other end describing the meters. I've even used the "beep" of the signal meter over the intercom too.

Just my two cents, I hope it helps. --Upnatm--

You might have had a switch going bad the entire time! Sorry we didn't think of that one, that should always be the first thing you check. Single ports will go bad on a switch, or the entire thing can get rotten. The Chieta brand of switch has been recommended a lot on the forum here, I think mine are all made by Whammo or somebody, if one goes bad I just chuck it and swap to another one.
Have you got the switch where it should be-in between the motor and the lnb, and not between receiver and motor?

Thanks, I ordered a Chieta last night after doing a google search for the best switch, it was shipped today so just as soon as it gets here I guess I will find out.
Also not sure what you mean about where the switch it located in line, I use my 4Dtv to move the dish, then I have my C band side going through a splitter, powered on one side kind, to my switch, on the Ku side the line goes directly to my switch then to my DVB receiver, is there a better way to have the switch located?
Thanks again
Terry

@TMair, you say the dish is aimed as best you can get it, and if the switch is good, try tweaking the LNB

The skew and focal distance might be off just enough to give a weak quality reading, and it's so easy
to take for granted/overlook the LNB adjustment.

Start by loosening the collar and rotate the LNB left or right, AND towards or away from the pan to
max out the signal. Keep watching the signal as you snug the collar up, and adjust the LNB accordingly.

My cordless-phone has a sweet "intercom" feature with speaker-phone too, I slip it into my coat pocket while
the wife is at the other end describing the meters. I've even used the "beep" of the signal meter over the intercom too.

Just my two cents, I hope it helps. --Upnatm--

The problem with tweeking the LNB is that I have my dish mounted high, like 12' or more, and on the side of the house, to work on the LNBs or feed horn I have to swing the dish around to the north, over the roof so I can stand on the roof and work on the dish, I liked it much better before my neighbor decided they needed the next national forest in their back yard.
Thanks
Terry

H
is this 12060MHz H 26700Ks/s ? Nothing scans in using that here.
I have 101w in and recieve PBS e/w HD, ION, QUBO, RFDTV, NYS leg, TLN-2, Calif Channel (but no Hist/Bio).. I also get Jus Punjabi, DW-TV (aren't those on w4?)
am I between sats, or???

is this 12060MHz H 26700Ks/s ? Nothing scans in using that here.
I have 101w in and recieve PBS e/w HD, ION, QUBO, RFDTV, NYS leg, TLN-2, Calif Channel (but no Hist/Bio).. I also get Jus Punjabi, DW-TV (aren't those on w4?)
am I between sats, or???
Those channels are on 103°W C-band. H/Bio are on 101°W KU-band.

I have a primestar dish I would like to dedicate to this sat, problem is I'm an idiot, I had this dish set up to pick up a sat, can't remember which one it was, it had a ton of RTV channels, on it along with a bunch of other channels, when that sat went away I tried to find 101 but can't, so what is the best way to go about this, and are the little hash marks on the dish bracket for elivation accurate? I also read some where that there is only one side of the LNB that you should hook up to because of power or somthing can't remember exactly what it was, so if this is true what side should I hook up to H or V? Then I can just twist it for the correct polarity correct?
Thanks for your help
Terry

Still showing up on my 90CM Dish. Check dish position and transponder number. Mine is still show 90% Signal and 85% Picture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)