Coolsat 6100 Private - Any good ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mrbj

Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
nowhere
Hi Guys,:)

I just ordered a Coolsat 6100 over Ebay ($85US shipped - I haven't received it yet).

I heard good things about it. A friend of mine told me Coolsat has next to no support for older models and 6100 is the one next in line. The other thing he's mentioned is that it's USB doesn't work effectively.

Can somebody please tell me that I didn't buy a a useless peice of hardware. I want to use it for sometime, at least.

I have used CNX mini (still have it) and it's pretty good, but this time I decided to go for something different.

I'm in Alberta, Canada.

Thanks for your help.

It should work. If that is cc.times I would expect that it is ok. Their rating is high enough to say "probably legit." There is a question if these are end of run or prototype (non-production) units, however, therefore no support. I got a 6000 from them, it does not have the USB, but so far it works fine. Company software, etc.

I would find out what the warranty Coolsat offers if you are worried about support later if it breaks. And maybe even call them and just ask. I know it's one of the brands suggested to me when I was looking to get into FTA.

Can you explain about the USB not working effectively? Is that a PVR model that a drive plugs into? I was looking into getting another FTA receiver with PVR capabilities, probably with HD.

Thanks for the replies guys. The guy was talking about flash upgrade via USB, he was telling that USB doesn't work well for that reason and may need data cable to install any upgrades.

I will try contacting Coolsat and see what they say about it.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts