Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well after setting up a couple bandstacked LNB's at 87 & 91
(see http://www.satelliteguys.us/1023942-post45.html for more details)

I hooked up 87 to my Coolsat 8000 and went to set it up
Changed LNB LO to 13850 (which is the bandstacked LNB LO) ...and it don't like it. resets to 0....uh oh
tried again...nope
tried to change frequency to 15XXX...nope

dang it

The Coolsat 8000 will not allow me to change the LNB LO above 11475 and the frequency above 12999.

So I guess I'm left with the original V transponders...10750 LO does work for those. On the + side I have the 12 PBS network feeds (10 SD 2 HD) :)

Since the main market for that is the eye-patch-gang, you would think they'd support bandstacked.
Must've just overlooked it, eh? :cool:

So I guess I'm left with the original V transponders...10750 LO does work for those. On the + side I have the 12 PBS network feeds (10 SD 2 HD) :)

You should be able to blind scan the balance of Freq's with the LOF 1 of 10750. If not then you will have to add them manually with this formula (For Linear LNB's only) ;

24600 - (Horz freq) = (Band Stacked Freq as Vertical)

The BandStacked LNB's don't care whether the polarity is Horizontal or Vertical. The conversion formula is to convert all freq's to Vertical, but you can change all the freq's later to Horizontal, and the LNB will still work fine.

CS8000 doesn thave blind scan :)

They would if they merged their perfectly good DVB-S tuners ( as per CoolSat 6000 ) with the DVB-S2 standard tuners used for HD...

:eureka: Wouldn't hurt if they added NTSC to their ATSC OTA side. Gives 'em 4 tuners to cover every eventuality... now for a PVR with all that:hungry:

CS8000 doesn thave blind scan :)
I'll have to try that formula tonite

I recommend getting a used Fortec Lifetime Ultra or a cheap PC PCI DVB card to blind scan using bandstacked LNBFs. You have to tell the receivers to forget anything it thinks it knows about the bird (hehe).

I have 2 receivers that blind scan it on the 13850. The issue is the CS8K wont allow th8at for a LNB LO so I have to use Jerry's technique tonight and see if it works

Nice setup!

I don't understand anything here, except there are a lot of lnb's in that lined picture. Nice set up.

Jerry it worked :)

THANKS!

Tried Montana PBS (12145) which would be 12455 and it worked :)
popped right in

Formula for DBS Bandstacked LNB's is similar.

25600- (Horizontal Freq) = (BandStacked Freq as a Vertical)

(Note 11250 + 14350 = 25600)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts