Coolsat 8000 HD - Blind scan ever added?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's pretty sad that Coolsat caters to the other market for FTA gear who don't need blind scan capabilities. All of their transponders never change and for the most part they're always 20000 Symbol rate.. :(

Davage

The 8000 is a different interface than the 4000/5000/6000. Those have blind scan. Maybe the 8000 was never able to have it (but it does do DVB-S2 which is fine by me) :)

I really want to get my hands on a Coolsat 8000, but I am a very patient person. I'm waiting for Bell and Dish to swap cards, then I'll buy a Coolsat 8000 for pennies on the dollar. I haven't looked, but is there a legit 8psk module available for a Coolsat 8000? I'm assuming that any 8psk module that I get will be Dish/Bell compatible, but I understand that the legit 8PSK that some of the feeds are using is different.. DVB-S2 for the C-Band equity channels will be nice too.

I don't think there is any 8psk expansion board for the CS 8000, but it does support DVB-S2 8psk , which is the most likely thing we'll encounter. I bought mine pretty much for dvb-s2 playing-around . Waiting now for a permanent dvb-s2 ku band channel.
:)

there is no turbo 8psk for the 8000...thats why the scum only use it on Bell. They used QPSK for the HD channels

I don't think there is any 8psk expansion board for the CS 8000, but it does support DVB-S2 8psk , which is the most likely thing we'll encounter. I bought mine pretty much for dvb-s2 playing-around . Waiting now for a permanent dvb-s2 ku band channel.
:)

So does the box support DVB-S2 8psk right out of the box? Is that right? Iceberg, are you able to catch the Nascar feeds on Sundays? Aren't they running some sort if 8psk HD?

Boy oh boy, I've got a lot to learn still. There are just so darn many different methods of broadcasting and so many terms to learn. 4:2:0, 4:2:2, 4:2:0 HD, 4:2:2 HD, DVB, DVB-S2, DVB-S2 8PSK, etc...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)