Coolsat 8000 PID scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
I accidentally deleted OETA from 125W on my Coolsat 8000. When I do a frequency scan it finds OKLA, but not OETA. I tried doing a PID scan 49/52/49, and it finds the channel, but I get a no audio message. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

LoTech

Since OETA is probably AC-3 audio you need to scan it in.

Sometimes the 8000 hiccups like that and not scan in all known channels. Best thing to do is switch off/on the back then do a manual scan. That usually fixes the glitch

Sometimes the 8000 hiccups like that and not scan in all known channels. Best thing to do is switch off/on the back then do a manual scan. That usually fixes the glitch

All Hail Ice!!!!!

Thanks Man. I was pulling my hair out trying to get OETA back. And for the follicle challenged like me, I was running out quick. When I switched off and back on, they both scanned in on the first try as Ch 5 and Ch 6.

I'll have to remember that. I'm not using my 8100 much anymore, but that was one problem that was very annoying, particularly back when they had that PBS mux with about 9 channels on it. It would sometimes take half the afternoon to get all the channels scanned in for that mux.
Usually though, it seemed to be related to times when my signal was not real good. Back when I had a BUD that worked better on Ku than my Ku dish, I used to have to switch to the BUD, scan in the channel, then switch back to the Ku dish, and then I could watch them on the Ku dish.
But back then I tried everything I could think of, including reloading the firmware, and couldn't get all the channels to scan in on some muxes. Seems like with all the things I tried, that turning the power off would have been involved, but maybe not in the same way.
Anyway, I'll have to remember that if I ever crank up the 8100 again.

I ran into that issue after doing a few auto scans on 97W...channels that were there wouldnt show up on the rescan and new stuff wouldnt show. The rebooot (switch off/on) seemed to fix it most times :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)