Coolsat 8000 power supply problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, that's good. We had a senior activity valentines dinner at church this evening and sure ate good and had some bluegrass/ gospel singing and playing. Have you looked at the circuitry with the scope yet? Ed

Did the waveform look like the picture I sent? That was looking at pin D with one probe, giving the two waveforms with harmonics in between the two. It's a pretty active little device, and I guess thats what's triggering the flyback transformer. Ed

I keep getting the same signal out of everything I touch on that side of the circuit. It doesn't seem too accurate and I need to probe something else in the circuit to make sure the scope is working right.

The waveform at the bottom of D5 and BD1 are about the same as Pin D on the 5L0565R, but most of the other points on that side are alot different. The output of the 5L0565R is a very active device, showing one waveform riding on top of the other with harmonics in between. I tried to get a picture of it, but my camera just wont capture it. Ed

Ya this thing won't power up. sometimes when I wiggle the board components it will barely power up and then die.

No, I just unplugged the fan and the main power lead a few times. I haven't dismantled the board at all. This is my favorite receiver.

I have power supply out of coolsat 8100 looks like the one in my 8000 the mother board is bad in the 8100 if you can use this email your address an I will mail to you free.

Robert, the power supply board billay has will work fine in your 8000. Sounds like a blessing to me..Get an extra fan and mount it between the PS board and main board drawing air in over the PS...Ed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts