coolsat 8000 upgrading question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I was wondering about the upgrading to the newer software on the cs8000hd, I downloaded the upgrade software that Ice posted in his review of the cs box. I bought one on ebay and not sure if it will be upgraded or not or what software is in it.
Anyway I opened the zip file and viewed the instuctions and started the loader but it would not find the software. Is there any instructions or how to on running the software anywhere in the 9 page review or elsewhere here? thanks for info.

The CSUpgrade loader looks for the "bin" extension by default. The CS firmware is a "SGN" extension. You have to change that , in the dropdown box at the bottom of the window.
Probably that is the only problem.
:)

Just found that it was just looking for bin and I changed to all files and it fould the files then. Thanks

I don't know your plans, but if you need Diseqc 1.1 support, it is available for the CS8000 using some of the later versions of the "hacker" firmware. Those versions also allow you to turn off the annoying "beep" during the tuning operation.

I have all mine set to 1.0. I have 4 cs 5000 running and wanted something to get the hd. I use just basic lnbf at the dishes, and a dual c band lnbf. I think the 1.1 was used for high low lnb types so I should be safe with factory software. Unless the 3rd party software has some real advantages I might try it out.

I don't know your plans, but if you need Diseqc 1.1 support, it is available for the CS8000 using some of the later versions of the "hacker" firmware. Those versions also allow you to turn off the annoying "beep" during the tuning operation.

to each his own:

I can't speak for the Coolsat 8000, but another very popular receiver got major feature enhancements primarily through the hack firmware updates.

So, if factory seemed buggy or lacking, I'd not hesitate to try:
version 12063F, which was dated 20090617
...which was the latest I could find.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)