Coolsat 8000?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Coolsat 8000 HD

anyone out there have this and can share their experience so far? I'm a newbie-recently bought Viewsat Ultra but was bummed when I heard I could have bought an HD sat had I waited a couple of weeks. Anyhow, just wondering if its worth the hassle of selling my unit and getting the new HD Coolsat. I was all hyped up about buying one until I read through the thread and realized that its simply an FTA receiver with an HD antenna - is this so?!!! And to think I was about to throw away $400+ Although I just started learning about these things seems from the forum that until they come out with a receiver capable of getting 4:2:2 feeds there is no such thing as HD FTA? Thank goodness I came across this forum before making a very expensive mistake...

Last edited:
anyone out there have this and can share their experience so far? I'm a newbie-recently bought Viewsat Ultra but was bummed when I heard I could have bought an HD sat had I waited a couple of weeks. Anyhow, just wondering if its worth the hassle of selling my unit and getting the new HD Coolsat. I was all hyped up about buying one until I read through the thread and realized that its simply an FTA receiver with an HD antenna - is this so?!!! And to think I was about to throw away $400+ Although I just started learning about these things seems from the forum that until they come out with a receiver capable of getting 4:2:2 feeds there is no such thing as HD FTA? Thank goodness I came across this forum before making a very expensive mistake...

Maybe I'm taking your last sentence wrong but there are feeds in several flavors out there... SD 4:2:0, SD 4:2:2, HD 4:2:0, & HD 4:2:2

Although I just started learning about these things seems from the forum that until they come out with a receiver capable of getting 4:2:2 feeds there is no such thing as HD FTA? Thank goodness I came across this forum before making a very expensive mistake...
There is such a thing, but it seems like most of the HD up there is, for now anyway, 4:2:2 feeds... PBS being an exception.

Those who watch ABC HD and CBS HD would disagree with you. Also, those who watch backhauls for ESPN HD, VS. HD, FSN HD and HDNET, just to name a few.

I am picking up HBO Starz PBS Discovery and a few others in HD on C/KU band..
I know I can buy a Samsung Over the air receiver for around $150 for my outdood VHF/UHF antenna so I can pickup many Digital stations......
Now since I own a Pansat 2500a why would I buy a Coolsat 8000D?
I know it will have the same Over the air decoder for digitals as the Samsung has..
I would hope that someone will come out with something that will decode the HD signals on DVB,,,I would like to Watch the Outdoor Channel 2 on HD but don't think the Coolsat will do that........
It would be a great price if it decoded HD stations on DVB......Let me know if I am wrong.................................JohnnyT

PBS HD 4:2:0 AC3
AMC 3 - Ku
12128 H
SR 14032

49/52,53/49

I'm new to FTA ...
You mention PBS HD on AMC3. If I look this in Lyngsat, the PBS HD as well as other PBS channels are listed as not Free ( they are encrypted ).
How can these be received legally with a FTA receiver?

Thanks.

It's sort of "moot" anyway. I read somewhere that it's moving to another TP on the 21st, and this one will disappear after the 31st. Since it's now the 18th, you have less than 2 weeks to enjoy it, at it's present location.

Al

light yellow means free channel
light green is free HD channel
lightish brown is scrambled

I see, I thought its free only if it has the "F" besides.
Now that makes it much more free channels available.

But in theory lets take the "WTTG-DT (FOX - Washington)" on AMC3. This is dark brown and it says: "DVB PowerVu". If I really wanted to get this one, how can I legally do so?

Thanks.

you can't

powervu is a encryption and it needs a subscribed box for it (box is for commercial use)

as for the "F" if there is only one channel on that transponder, it will have the F next to the channel. If there is more than one, the first line shows the owner and says "F" and the channels below do not but they show as free

Hummmmm Iceberg
I called a guy that is selling the New Coolsats 8000D
He could not tell me if these units can pickup HD DVB stations......And he's a pretty big dealer.Said he will get the units at the end of the month and told me to call coolsat.I don't know if they have a number that I can call and they will speak english?..
Just hate to put a order in and get screwed when the 8000D comes...
I heard that the 8000Ds are going to be very limited,,,,,Just wondering when they run out,will they get more or is that it?Its hard to believe that will be it?....JOhnnyT

Hummmmm Iceberg
I called a guy that is selling the New Coolsats 8000D
He could not tell me if these units can pickup HD DVB stations......And he's a pretty big dealer.Said he will get the units at the end of the month and told me to call coolsat.I don't know if they have a number that I can call and they will speak english?..
Just hate to put a order in and get screwed when the 8000D comes...
I heard that the 8000Ds are going to be very limited,,,,,Just wondering when they run out,will they get more or is that it?Its hard to believe that will be it?....JOhnnyT

I can guarantee that the COOLSAT 8000 HD is NOT I reapeat NOT SAT HD
only ATSC HD
IT's a total "scam" or misleading advertising that's why they try to presale them with "limited quantity " they want to make sure they sale them before the word get out that COOLSAT 8000HD canNOT decode HD sat signal
I have been looking and still looking for a FTA receiver capable of SAT HD

How can you "guarantee" the 8000 will not "decode" high defintion MPEG2 signals?

Have a look at the Quali-TV 1080IR... this receiver is capable of SAT HD.

I can guarantee that the COOLSAT 8000 HD is NOT I reapeat NOT SAT HD
only ATSC HD
IT's a total "scam" or misleading advertising that's why they try to presale them with "limited quantity " they want to make sure they sale them before the word get out that COOLSAT 8000HD canNOT decode HD sat signal
I have been looking and still looking for a FTA receiver capable of SAT HD

I think that the Quali-TV 1080IR is about $200 more and you cannot get over the air HD with it witha VHF/UHF antenna.....
I want the whole package Over the Air HD and DVB HD included.....
I heard Pansat will have a HD DVB out soon.So I guess I will wait a tad...
Yes I think your right that Coolsat is not saying much at all,Who in their right mind would buy one unless you don't own a DVB...Its a shame dealers are hyping this product..............JohnnyT

I think that the Quali-TV 1080IR is about $200 more and you cannot get over the air HD with it witha VHF/UHF antenna.....
the Quali-TV gets 4:2:2 which the Coolsat will not

I heard Pansat will have a HD DVB out soon.So I guess I will wait a tad...
I also heard that Pansat will actually make a PVR unit that works properly. The 5000 & 6000 don't :)
yes that was sarcasm because the manufacturers have been saying they'll make a box that does X and its coming "soon" but never comes.

Yes I think your right that Coolsat is not saying much at all,Who in their right mind would buy one unless you don't own a DVB...Its a shame dealers are hyping this product..............JohnnyT

well lets see what it does in a actual review before we lynch a product. I've seen many products that claim to do something only to fall flat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)