coolsat 8100 file extension

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok i'm back again. after downloading, installing and registering several .ocx files in my computer registry I can now open the CS loader that brent sent me. wish me luck

I'm hoping that will be the case but so far just minor progress. I can now open the loader and load the clean.bin file and that is it. When I hit start on the loader nothing happens. I have tried starting the program with the unit off at the back and then starting it with the rocker switch and vice versa. My receiver only displays Loader V109 on the front receiver display. What do you think I need to do now.

I have several different cables, not sure exactly if this is null modem but I thought it was. I have a different one I can try. I would need a diagram to locate the pin numbers and check it out that way, also, don't think my meter leads will fit into the small holes on the ends of the cable.

Mark the cable, with a piece of tape, if nothing else. I doubt you'll need it much, though, unless you play with backing up channels, etc. :)
Good to hear of your final success. There's a lot of detail to sort through.
:)

I have several different cables, not sure exactly if this is null modem but I thought it was. I have a different one I can try. I would need a diagram to locate the pin numbers and check it out that way, also, don't think my meter leads will fit into the small holes on the ends of the cable.

If you need to, use a paperclip as an extender. :)

In the download section is a CS8100 file. Iceberg put it there, so it's probably 2025A firmware, the latest factory firmware. I prefer a more recent hacker firmware, if for no other reason than the terrible sound when tuning with the factory file. Try 2025, you'll probably be quite happy with it. If you need Diseqc 1.1, or want to turn off the tuning noise, you'll have to go to "old hacker-ware", that I can provide. :)

ok, got the file and got the receiver flashed with it. Now were ready to try it out. thanks brent for sticking w/ me through all these difficult happnings.

is there any difference in these different FW that we are talking about in ref. to channel sorting? I was not at all happy with the way this CS was working b4 it locked up on me. I was particularly bothered at the way it does the channel sorting. In my SV8000, when I scan in new channels, it does not take the sid chanel number with them to display when displaying the channel number. No matter which type of sorting I picked from the menu on the CS, that sid channel number was always in front of the name of the channel. Is there a way that the CS channel sorting can be more like the SV sorting. Will that hacker file do a better job or do what I am looking for? That is one of my chief concerns with this receivr so far. Also, I have had no luck pulling in DVB-S2. I know we need to close down this thread now, but I'll be sure to have more help questins I'm sure and will be starting new ones. I'll pm you with my email in case you want to send me that file, if you think it'll do what I'm lookin for. thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)