coolsat 8100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dennis12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
I was just suprised that my home assocation has given me the go ahead to put up a c band dish as long as i can hide it in the back yard. I am going to put up a 10 ft mesh. I was going to use the pansat 9200 as the receiver but i heard different things about it. Does it or does it not have blind scan. Also i know i would have to wait until the middle of next month for the add on to get the dvb-s2 signals. The coolsat 8100 can get them now. You can use your remote to enter the g 26 mux into the receiver, correct? If the 9200 doesnt really do blind scan, then i would think the coolsat is the cheaper way to go. Is this assement correct? Dennis

I was going to use the pansat 9200 as the receiver but i heard different things about it. Does it or does it not have blind scan.
it has true blind scan. WOrks like a champ. Have a 9200 and love it

Also i know i would have to wait until the middle of next month for the add on to get the dvb-s2 signals.
correct..but unless you get your dish up next week mid May isnt that far away ;)

The coolsat 8100 can get them now.
correct
You can use your remote to enter the g 26 mux into the receiver, correct?
correct
If the 9200 doesnt really do blind scan, then i would think the coolsat is the cheaper way to go. Is this assement correct? Dennis
The Pansat does do blind scan.

now my opinion on the 8000....I don't know if the 8100 is like it
I have the CS8000 and while its a nice unit, it is a bitch to program in everything. Coming from someone who has used plenty of boxes blind scan that works is a true great thing. The 8000 the other thing I don't like is when you scan in a new transponder, it labels the channels goofy and sorts them goofy too.

Example...you scan in the 4 transponders on G10 for Equity. The first transponder labels the channels 1-16, the 2nd TP labels them 1-16 too so when you are done, you have something like this

1 1st channel in 11800 TP
1 1st channel in 11720 TP
2 2nd channel in 11800 TP

etc....

so now you scan in G3 stuff and they label again 1-16 Now its set up as
1 1st channel in 11800 TP
1 1st channel in 11720 TP
1 1st channel in G3 TP
2 2nd channel in G3 TP

There is a way to sort them via satellite (network) but as soon as you rescan another TP it sorts them back goofy. It doesn't sort them in order as you scan them like the Pansat 9200 does.

Thank you Iceberg. This has help make up my mind. I am going with the pansat 9200. Dennis

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)