Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Did something happen to the pirates with coolsat boxes? I noticed lately on ebay, the coolsat receivers are going for big discounts compared to other brands. I tried looking around, but I can't find any definitive answer on what happened.

I thought this came up the other day.
Didn't someone comment on getting a good deal on a CS 6000?

I took a peek into the abyss, and it looked as though maybe the 4k, 5k, and 6k were not getting their "support".

That'll put the sword to the price, right there.
And since they're such decent FTA receivers, you win. ;)

edit: here is that other discussion.

ah, ok thanks for the link. Yeah, it does seem they have lost support so that makes for good deals for us.

Great News for TRUE FTA'ers

I see what you're talking about ...
CS 6000 for under $50 shipped is a great deal.

I peeked into the abyss right after that comment (Anole) LOL..... talk about desperation , if this keeps up you might see them closer to $30 ...... but then again I just read that the FLU is back from the grave so I bet alot of people end up keeping their coolsats no matter the support.

So anyone looking for a FTA receiver workhorse with true tested reliability , Coolsats are definitely one of the best ..... I am so happy with my CS 5000 for over 2 years.

If HD and DVB S-2 hadn't peaked my interest I'd definitely pickup one these boxes as a backup receiver.

I dont think its "support" as much as the fact that CoolSat has pulled ALL warranties
on 4 ,5,6K,and took all the remaining 6Ks off the shelf.
they claim theres way too many clones and are trying to round them up.
I heard that if you turn in the person you bought your clone from, Coolsat will warranty
the clone you bought with a NEW up to date unit thats legit.
So beware if you buy a brand new 6K as it wont have a warranty.
If you dont care about a warranty or the possibility of getting a clone then its a great deal.
Info is on Coolsat site to spot the clones.

I am sitting back patiently waiting for the card swap on Dish and Bell to get underway to the point where channels start to drop off of the hacked systems. That's when we'll see ebay being flooded with cheap receivers. I want a Coolsat 8000, and I'm willing to wait to spend pennies on the dollar for it. (Although I'll probably be bidding against other SatelliteGuys in trying to get that DVB-S2 capable unit :) )

I thought Dish was waiting for Bell to finalize the swap... When is that gonna be done? Since Bell doesn't use 8psk at this time for HD, I am betting a few HD receivers will show up at that time. Even if Bell is successful, how long will Dish take to swap? 12 months?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)