corotor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mouse

Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
East Europe -Transilvania
Hi,
I want to make myself one corotor C and Ku band and one corotor C band with dual polarisation.This stuff are not available on my country market,and only hope its to make at home.I know its hard to be manufactured but its the only option i have.
Thank You in advance,
Respectfully,
mouse.

cant you just order them and have them shipped to you? i get stuff shipped to me from all around the world.

imo it will be a whole lot easier.

Hi,and Thank You for the replay.
To order this stuff from other country its expensive and i cant afford this,here in the East Europe C band its a new domain to be explore,C band LNC i found with difficulty on the market but nothing about C Ku band corotor and other combination are available here.
Ku band rules in Europe,all satelitte channel are available on Ku band but i want to receve C band to watch satellite channel from Asia and South America and US.
I search with Google to found C band corotor diagram and schematic pdf but i found only 1,5 GHz,24GHz,47GHz schematic diagram and only theoretical pdf nothing about corotor construction.

hello -- mouse --

what size and type of dish have you got -- prime focus or offset

i,v tried combined C / ku lnb.s --- and a second hand co rotor setup here in the u.k. --- all have been poor performance on k.u .

the best way to go if you can set them up on your dish is to use seperate C and k/u lnb.s -- i currently have a k.u l.n.b. in the centre position and a dual polarity C band l.n.b 6 degrees to one side
its a little inconvenient having to have different C and k/u/ positioner settings for the receiver --
but the performance is miles better than any combined unit

i,m using a 1.8 offset dish -- for this --

but i have also done a similar thing in the past using a 1.8 prime focus --
but on that one i had C band in the centre and k/u to one side

regards nelson.b

dual ln.b.jpg

pf.jpg

Hi,
And Thank You all for the replay.
Mr.John Popper Your ideea its intresting,i open Your thread and becose its long and i want to read all i need few days to understand what its talking about.
Using a Chaparral Feedhorn and adding a Ku band LNB look to be a option.

Mr.nelson b my dishes are 0,9m,1.2m offset and 1.2m simetric.
The dish are one center,the signal are not lost if i want to watch a satelite with C and Ku band ? The C band LNB its near the center not in the center.

I want to ask You all a question.
Mr. Klaus Schumacher from Brasil use a ingenious mechanical device to replace the Ku band LNB from the focal point with other LNB C band i think.
This device its free from signal lost if i want to receve with the same feedhorn C band and Ku band ? What feedhorn its the best to us in this case C or Ku feedhorn?
What You all are thinking about this mechanical method,its free from signal lost ?
mouse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts