Correct connections

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
I have had VOOM for a couple nights now. I was installed with the old softwear, and watched that way the first night. The software was upgraded overnight and I got the faster channel switching and the different scale on picture strength.

My VOOM installation was the first for my installer and I have some questions about his hookups.

He hooked up the VOOM receiver to my HD-RPTV (Sony 57") with both the DVI and the component video cables. Now i could be mistaken but I am pretty sure that I was able to adjust color through the onscreen menus with my Sony remote before the software upgrade. After the new software I lost this ability. Also I wouldn't get sound without hitting another remote button, but to be honest I can't remember what button, (and no it wasn't the volume). He also connected the two rca cables for sound in addition.

Last night I removed the DVI connection and I got back the on screen menus.
I can see no difference in picture quality.

What is right????

The software update to the STB had no impact on your set's lack of controls with DVI. Many Sony models simply do not allow one to adjust the picture controls for the DVI input, regardless of the STB being used. On these models, you can only change color, etc with DVI through the service menu.

As you found, by switching to component, you can change the controls. Keep in mind the changes to component may or may not impact DVI, depending on how the settings are stored on your particular model. That said, on a CRT RPTV like yours, there probably isn't much (if any) benefit to using DVI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts