Correct way to split signal for two recievers?

manowell

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2018
Dallas, TX
This is for a RV install, replacing DirecTV. I have all of the DirecTV stuff disconnected.

Using the supplied diplexer I can get the first TV to work fine with the RV's amplified roof top antenna and Orby dish connected. no matter where I split the signal from the Orby dish, it seems, when I power up the second DVR the first one puts up a "satellite signal lost" error. If I unplug the second unit, the first one comes back.

What am I missing?

From other posts a high frequency splitter but some of us are using a 3x4 multiswitch mini and just the 13v side.

I've tried the high-frequency splitters, that's where I'm at now. No matter where I install it's either "A" or "B". I'm ordering the Eagle Aspen 3x4 multiswitch, too.
You should be fine if you use a multiswitch. I am driving four Orby receivers with just a modded DirecTV Slimline (mounted on pole above my motorized Fortec Star 90cm FTA dish) and a Zinwell SAM-3402 multiswitch. Also feeding my combined VHF/UHF antennas into the multiswitch and all four receivers can tune Orby and OTA channels just fine. :)

IMG_6412B.JPG Orby Hookup 2.JPG (Thumbnailed - Click for larger)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)