Got my reciever and dish yesterday..

savoy9020

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
I ordered the self install and reciever off the website, apparently they threw in the signal meter.. I had forgot to order it. Going to set it up this week. Plans are to cut the cord to Charlie next month, after 25 years..

Ordered on Tuesday, got the Dish Friday and the receiver yesterday (fedex).

Slightly wider (elliptical) than the DishPlus. Got my service activated today.

Pro's: Signal meter, worked like a champ with my phone,
signal quality is good
HD channels look great. EPG works fine.

I've been with Dish for 25 years. They really have not kept their (proprietary) hardware current.. Glad to
leave their equipment (and bill) behind..

Orby's Dish is somewhat on the light side from a quality standpoint.

My biggest complaint is the single LNBF. Seems like it would not have been a big deal to make it at least a dual.

What is everyone doing for adding additional receivers? Can you buy a dual/4 way LNBF that fits the Orby dish, or
just use an FTA dish and LNB?

What is everyone doing for adding additional receivers?
I believe most of us have been using the Zinwell 3x4 multi switch.. Works great for adding the OTA signals with the sat signal..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201228-173214.png
    Screenshot_20201228-173214.png
    181.4 KB · Views: 254
I believe most of us have been using the Zinwell 3x4 multi switch.. Works great for adding the OTA signals with the sat signal..
I was just going to post but you beat me to it. :rolleyes Yes, no dual lnbf needed. Just feed the Orby coax into the Zinwell (mine is a Zinwell SAM-3402 too, connect to the 13V input) and you can have up to four receivers running. Also use the input for sending antenna signal to the Orbys to tune locals through the receivers. :)

orby-hookup-2-jpg.147734

Last edited:
I was just going to post but you beat me to it. :rolleyes Yes, no dual lnbf needed. Just feed the Orby coax into the Zinwell (mine is a Zinwell SAM-3402 too, connect to the 13V input) and you can have up to four receivers running. Also use the input for sending antenna signal to the Orbys to tune locals through the receivers. :)

orby-hookup-2-jpg.147734

Nice!!! Thanks, just ordered 1 off of eBay

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)