Cost for adding an extra Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kalin21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
tx
I just have one receiver in my account and I want to add another to my room...I called CS and they want to charge me $150.00 for a dvr receiver..there is any other way for getting an extra receiver for less :confused:

Last edited:
$150 is a good deal. Most others get charged $199 for the HD DVR.
Or are you looking for an SD DVR?

I'd call again and make sure the CSR knows which DVR you want. The SD DVR should be $99.

If you get a receiver from D* it comes with free install. if you go the cheaper way like costco you will have to pay for the install, if you need cables run, so costco is not always the best bet.

But, isn't the advantage of going the Costco route that you actually own the receiver as opposed to the leasing with Direct? Dave

If you get a receiver from D* it comes with free install. if you go the cheaper way like costco you will have to pay for the install, if you need cables run, so costco is not always the best bet.

You would think that if he's looking to get one from a source other than D* he wants Now, that he would expect to have to run the cables already

yea they told me SD dvr receiver is $ 150 installed.. or 99 shipped but leased..
I think in going to buy it on BB or cotsco for 99 or less.. I have the cables ready connected just need to plug it :)

I have an SD DVR upstairs and a HD DVR in family room. I want to replace the upstairs DVR with a HD DVR. Can I just plug and play? Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts