Costco incentive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

schulmeia

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2010
Mililani, HI
I have already ordered the premium directv package with NFL Sunday ticket. However, I just found out that if I had ordered thru Costco I could have obtained a better deal in addition to a Costco cash card from Costco for $180. I have a site survey scheduled for tomorrow at 3PM and will then finalize an install date once the site survey confirms that they can install at my location. I called DTV customer support and the only way I can take advantage of the Costco incentive is to cancell my current order and reorder thru Cosco. The question is should I cancel and reschedule or should I stick with my current order??

180$ is 180$.....
Cancel and re-order, you shouldn't have any problems if they have not charged your account.

As long as your OK with not getting service any quicker, seeing your canceling an order where your getting a install date, chances are the Costco date will be farther out.

Will I get new receivers if I order Direct TV through Costco? I noticed the shipping and handling if free--do they ship them to my house? Could I just return them if I do not get the HD DVR receivers I want before installation?

thanks, Brad

Will I get new receivers if I order Direct TV through Costco? I noticed the shipping and handling if free--do they ship them to my house? Could I just return them if I do not get the HD DVR receivers I want before installation?

thanks, Brad

Shipping and handling is free because you need a tech to come out and install everything on your initial install.

Completed the install on the 6th of September ( labor day). Before they stared the install I confirmed that the two HDDVRs I requested were the 24 series ( would not have let them start the install if the 24 series DVRs were not part of the install). I did cancel the original order and reordered thru Costco to take advantage of the $180 CASH CARD. So far the wife and I are happy with everything. Still waiting for a good rain storm to see how the HD channels behave though.

Completed the install on the 6th of September ( labor day). Before they stared the install I confirmed that the two HDDVRs I requested were the 24 series ( would not have let them start the install if the 24 series DVRs were not part of the install). I did cancel the original order and reordered thru Costco to take advantage of the $180 CASH CARD. So far the wife and I are happy with everything. Still waiting for a good rain storm to see how the HD channels behave though.

This depends on how strong your Signal strength is, particularly on the 99 and 103 says.

Hi all, something I'm curious about - don't most of the DirecTV HD channels use the Ka band?

Are most of the SD channels on the Ku band?

Does DirecTV duplicate most of the HD channels on SD and will the receiver allow changing from HD to SD if the HD signal rain fades?

Perhaps you could keep the picture up during a rain storm by changing to SD when a storm is near by.

Later, DC

Have plenty of SD channels. Do not believ that you can shift a HD channel to SD with my arrangement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts