Could i upgrade old 311 receiver to an HD One

bikeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Gibraltar Michigan
Hi

I'm wondering if possible to upgrade from Old 311 receiver, to an HD One, right now second HDTV is on TV2 from upstairs 622DVR, got this installed in December 28th 2006, i'm fine waiting til after 18 month commitment to do the upgrade, i'm just wondering at this moment if it's possible, We're subscribed thru at&t dishnetwork.

I do like the DVR feature of the 622, so if i was to get my own hd receiver down here in the future, would i still be able to use TV 2 feature of the 622, as well as use my DVD-Recorder. Only have DVI and component connections on this television, did think about just mirroing TV1, and watching the HD Channels when nobody else is up there, but it probably would be expensive--considering the cable run to do something like that

Fellow Gibtuckian.....

You should be able to upgrade "dish n it up". Not sure what the cost will be with at&t dish.

It'll extend your contract for another 18 months unless the reciever is bought out right.

Not quite sure what you mean about using tv2 with your dvd recorder, but if you can do what your doing now then I see no reason why not be able to make it possible to continue to do so with another HD reciever.

upgrading 311 for HD receiver downstairs

I'm not sure what the cost would be either, and we don't plan on leaving at&t dishnetwork anytime soon, so contract extension isn't really a big deal with us. Guess when i'm sure i'll just call in and ask, though the reps don't really always know the truthful answers, but hoping when i do call to ask they do at some point.

Right now TV 2 connects to the DVD-Recorders antenna input--i use it directly from TV channels, or from the DVR's hard drive, which means i hit play on the DVR menu of what i want, and then hit record, it's connected to the tv via component connections, as well as RF signal, but RF really isn't used, it just passes the satellite signal thru. i'd probably hook it up when the newer HD receiver via Svideo or componet, and out to TV someway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts