Could Someone Please Explain How & Why Dish/Echo Is In Its Present Situation?

And ?? are you asking me if I see that D* added 240,000 more USA customers then E*, then yes . I see that!
The repeated contention was that DISH suffered a net loss of subscribers. Paragraph 3 of the referenced press release puts that false claim to rest.

While the context of what DIRECTV is doing may be useful, this is a discussion of DISH Network's situation.

Hey, guys...!!!

SkyReport reported Dish had an over-all attrition of 90,000 subs, last quarter, base on their findings via Dish SEC filings...

Overall, it really doesn't matter... Dish is still doin' quite well, financially... IMO, we're reaching saturation points, in present housing markets...

Last edited:
While the context of what DIRECTV is doing may be useful, this is a discussion of DISH Network's situation.
I'm not the one who brought up D* name untill someone else said E* has more profitable quarters then D*. Well thats false info that needed to be adressed. Sorry but I proved it to be false ,and thats that! Talking about E* profits compaired to D* isn' t off topic , just because,you can't accept it, so don't imply that it is. E* numbers are much lower then its other Satellite Friend ,So I agree E* needs to step it up. Get these brokendown Satellites replaced, Start making friends with networks, and get these lawsuits out of the way.

Hey, guys...!!!

SkyReport reported Dish had an over-all attrition of 90,000 subs, last quarter, base on their findings via Dish SEC filings...

Overall, is really doesn't matter... Dish is still doin' quite well, financially... IMO, We're reaching saturation points, in present housing markets...
I Agree they are still making money. I never said they weren't. I just said they aren't making more then D*.

2nd quarter will be out soon. We will see what happends then.:)

I don't have a crystal ball (I broke mine, earlier), but I'd think we'll begin to see a slowing down of sub additions and possibly more attrition, due to ever increasing debilitating financial economies...

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling it... and have adjusted to make life more equitable... i.e., went to Dish HD Only (savings of around $280 per annum), dropped AT&T long distance for Skype ($600 savings per annum), passed on the new iPhone 3G, due to AT&T's per annum data rate increase of $180, for ever. It all adds up... If I'm doin' it, others are too...

I'm not the one who brought up D* name untill someone else said E* has more profitable quarters then D*. Well thats false info that needed to be adressed. Sorry but I proved it to be false ,and thats that! Talking about E* profits compaired to D* isn' t off topic , just because,you can't accept it, so don't imply that it is. E* numbers are much lower then its other Satellite Friend ,So I agree E* needs to step it up. Get these brokendown Satellites replaced, Start making friends with networks, and get these lawsuits out of the way.

So you are saying that over the last 11 years, that Direct has more profitable quarters than Dish has had? That is what more profitable quarters mean, multiple quarters. Or was that part of my post confusing for you? It must be, cause you didn't prove crap.

So you are saying that over the last 11 years, that Direct has more profitable quarters than Dish has had? That is what more profitable quarters mean, or was that part of my post confusing for you? It must be, cause you didn't prove crap.
Prove it. Thats all! D* has over 17 million customers, E* not even 14 Million. The way I see it I'd say D* has more profitable quarters.

So you are saying that over the last 11 years, that Direct has more profitable quarters than Dish has had? That is what more profitable quarters mean, multiple quarters. Or was that part of my post confusing for you? It must be, cause you didn't prove crap.

The market doesn't value companies based on past performance.

DirecTV has a market cap of $31 billion dollars. Dish Network has a market cap of $12.8 billion dollars. If you add back Echostar that's another $2.8 billion dollars for Dish. So $31 billion to $15.6 billion.

DirecTV is worth twice as much as Dish.

The market doesn't value companies based on past performance.

DirecTV has a market cap of $31 billion dollars. Dish Network has a market cap of $12.8 billion dollars. If you add back Echostar that's another $2.8 billion dollars for Dish. So $31 billion to $15.6 billion.

DirecTV is worth twice as much as Dish.
Exactly. Thank you!

Gentlemen,

Can I throw some independent financials in here...?

(BTW, can someone advise on how I can make GIFs and JPGs inclusive in the main body of the text? Thanks!)

Attachments

• dish.gif
    dish.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 109
  • dtv.gif
    dtv.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 109
  • dtv-1.png
    dtv-1.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 93
  • dish-1.gif
    dish-1.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts