Could the 3rd generation Hopper have this???

Unfortunately I don't see any of those happening although they are good ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Okay DISH doesn't want to move the popular variety channels to the same transponder like they do their locals. What about the idea for PSIP data for ota sub channels? That would be doable if DISH allowed it. After all their DISH Pal Plus dvr did use Psip data for their guide and even used TV guide information from certain CBS ota stations broadcasting the psip data for all the locals in your area. I got guide information for Metv and Mytx stations through the Psip data using that system. Surely DISH would see the benefit in allowing the sub channels to get guide data from the psip data and it wouldn't take up room on the satellite and the subscribers get a full fleshed out guide for all the ota local channels ,at least for 3 days out on the sub channels. I still say that this would be a great addition to both subs and DISH itself.

As for the PTAT for ALL local channels like CW ,PBS and MyNetwork tv. I don't see any reason why DISH couldn't do this today. All the local channels are on the same transponder and they are already getting recorded ,so just enable the other three stations . CW and PBS at least should make the cut since they are widely watched now for shows like Supernatural, Vampire Diaries , Arrow,Beauty & the Beast as well as Downtown Abby on PBS.

Surely these two ideas would be easy to do on DISH's part if they don't do anything else.

I watch Downton Abbey. I've set a series record on it. There are some food programs on PBS that I also record, also set for series record. Those shows, however, aren't everybody's cup of tea ( I made a funny :)). To add 3 more channels to the PTAT folder could get a little convoluted for most subs.

Surely DISH would see the benefit in allowing the sub channels to get guide data from the psip data and it wouldn't take up room on the satellite and the subscribers get a full fleshed out guide for all the ota local channels ,at least for 3 days out on the sub channels...

As for the PTAT for ALL local channels like CW ,PBS and MyNetwork tv. I don't see any reason why DISH couldn't do this today. All the local channels are on the same transponder and they are already getting recorded ,so just enable the other three stations.

I agree but... My impression from reading the DTVPal DVR thread over on AVS forums is that most of us are only getting 1 days worth of data, not 3. It's pathetic what broadcast stations are getting away with.

As for PTAT recording the entire transponder, I don't believe that any longer. The space they gave back when PTAT recordings went into the customer's partition was a mere 200GB. I don't believe you could fit an entire transponder into that space. I now believe the Hopper is demuxing 4 streams, and that's the max it can do. Now of course with the new capability to select which network you want to be a part of PTAT, in principle you could pick any 4 of your locals. Great idea. Wish Dish would do that.

Yep, 500 is questionable. Makes me wonder- what other corners did they cut?

I can see .265 being required for all UHD channels in the future just as mpeg-4 is required for all HD channels today. If Dish was smart they would implement .265 in all their new Hoppers as fast possible and quit making the .264 as I assume they are backwards compatible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Doesn't a 500gb hard drive on a dvr work like a computers gb storage? 1 terabyte is big. I just wish they had a list view on the hopper. Mate when you're in the guide with the hopper they can make what you're currently watching bigger. I've had wow for phone and Internet over a year and they've Always helped me when I've needed them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)