Could use some advice, ASAP...

indestructible

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Ohio
Here's the situation. My household has had Dish for about ten years. Our equipment has never been upgraded, and we were paying about $80 a month for channels we don't need, and without HD, at that. My dad decided to cancel our service because it was just getting to be too much.

I, however, want to get Dish service for our household in my name, and I basically want to start from scratch. I want to get HD receivers for our HD TVs, and I'd like to get the Dish America package. I was hoping to get it all set up online so they could come out either Saturday or Sunday, but upon trying to do so, I got an error online that our household had canceled service within the last three months (more like earlier in the day).

So, what now? Do I really have to wait three months to get service in my name? Technically, I am a new customer. The previous account was all in my dad's name. I want it all set up in mine. Is there anything I can do about this? I'd rather not have to wait three months...

Here's the situation. My household has had Dish for about ten years. Our equipment has never been upgraded, and we were paying about $80 a month for channels we don't need, and without HD, at that. My dad decided to cancel our service because it was just getting to be too much.

I, however, want to get Dish service for our household in my name, and I basically want to start from scratch. I want to get HD receivers for our HD TVs, and I'd like to get the Dish America package. I was hoping to get it all set up online so they could come out either Saturday or Sunday, but upon trying to do so, I got an error online that our household had canceled service within the last three months (more like earlier in the day).

So, what now? Do I really have to wait three months to get service in my name? Technically, I am a new customer. The previous account was all in my dad's name. I want it all set up in mine. Is there anything I can do about this? I'd rather not have to wait three months...

Send me a PM with the old account number, name, phone number, and the new ones you want to use

Scott should have told you, since you are new around here, to go to the bottom of the Forum page, look for members on line in RED...they would be your DIRT members.

Not sure what DIRT members are, but I'm assuming they're people who work with Dish?

Send me a PM with the old account number, name, phone number, and the new ones you want to use

Well, the service has already been canceled. If I get you the information, can you just clear us out of the system, so I can order online? I might have to send you a PM with the info tomorrow, though, as I don't have it handy, right now. I'll see if I can send it off some time tonight, though.

Not sure what DIRT members are, but I'm assuming they're people who work with Dish?

Well, the service has already been canceled. If I get you the information, can you just clear us out of the system, so I can order online? I might have to send you a PM with the info tomorrow, though, as I don't have it handy, right now. I'll see if I can send it off some time tonight, though.

If you just pm Matt the phone # he should be able to find the old account#. Click on his name at the top of his post to send him a pm. (3rd post here)

Ed

I sent Matt a PM, but I don't know if he got it; when I go into my sent messages, it shows that I haven't sent anything out...

KAB said:
VERY bottom of the forum page...all the members who are "logged in" in other words. Under the "What's Going On" banner.

Except if u use the mobile app...

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

So, Matt is telling me I'm probably gonna have to wait the three months. :/ Blah. Am I really stuck? Would it be worth it to try giving them a call tomorrow and seeing if they can help me out?

If dish doesn't want your business, I'm sure Direct will welcome you with open arms. Direct is a very good provider also, more than most here will care to admit.

I guess, but do they have cheap HD packages? That Dish America package for only $34.99 a month (or $24.99 for new customers) is very appealing. I'd like to stay in that price range, while also getting HD.

Choice extra in an mpeg 4 market, free hd w/auto pay, 210+ channels, free NFL Sunday ticket for this season, all premium movie channels free for 90 days=39.99 a month for a year. Don't sound to shabby to me.

Choice extra in an mpeg 4 market, free hd w/auto pay, 210+ channels, free NFL Sunday ticket for this season, all premium movie channels free for 90 days=39.99 a month for a year. Don't sound to shabby to me.

Hm. Looking at their packages on their site, though, it appears the current cheapest package (Choice) goes up to $60.99 a month after a year. At least with Dish America, the highest it goes up to is $34.99.

Ride it out for the term & then jump ship back to dish. Either that or do without for 3 months.

I tend to take my two year service agreement, add up the total cost, divide by 24 and know the real # I pay per month. No, you can't cancel after 12 months... Not without a penalty.

2 yr agreement, dish or direct, doesn't matter. Here is a dish/direct comparison. Choice xtra versus Dish's top 200.
Assuming you have 2 HD TV's & do auto pay average price on Directv over 2 yrs will cost $55.99 per month (no dvr), cheaper than the $80 or so you all were paying? Dishnetwork for the same comparable package, 2 HD TV's, auto pay & no dvr would average out to $53.49 per month. Very little difference, Directv being a little higher, but, the bottom line is wait for dish 3 months?, or have TV now with Directv?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts